Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

dashbarron
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

DC Universe

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Anyone try/buy this game yet? I was in the beta and compared to the old City of Heroes, I thought it was better. I like the rapid click-action to perform moves, keeping the user attentive while thinking there is more action than just clicking spells and buttons in a regular mmorpg. I like the familiar actors they used for the voice acting and the mentor-hero setup. For what few quests I did, they seemed varied and fun. I don't have a lot of bad things to say about it from my limited experience.

Anywho who played the beta extensively and/or purchased it Tuesday?

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: DC Universe

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 am

The game is very fun, but holy crap is the UI terrible. Then again, I'm playing the trial on the PC version. Since the game mirror's the PS3 version, I'm really not too surprised.

Say hello to Wayland.

Team: Villain
Mentor: The Joker
Power: Gadgets
Weapon: Staff
Movement: Super-speed
Server: Death & Glory

Wayland by therickofdeath, on Flickr
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am

I've been burned too many times and for as complex as an MMO can be, I simply can't play them inside 3 months of release. I'm tempted but I'll stay away. GW2 is about the only mmo I'm looking forward to and that I think can pull off an entire new world with relative smoothness of launch. Keep us in the know with your likes and dislikes - if it turns out to be worthwhile it might pull me away from WoW until gw2 is out.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Guess who has alt-itis?

Name: Revok
Team: Villain
Mentor: Lex Luthor
Power: Mental
Weapon: Hand Blasts
Movement: Flight
Revok by therickofdeath, on Flickr
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.