Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re: Diablo III

Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:31 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Basically no new items, just straight "boost stuff by X percent!". Cosmetics are dumb. I might play, but it won't be as heavy into it as I was in Season 5.

Yeah I am bummed they didnt drop any new items. But I will still play. I just dont know what its between DH and Barb.......God I love the Furious Charge Barb, my non-season Barb is a FC one.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

liquid_mage
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:39 am

I've played hardcore since 6 months before Season 1 through Season 5. The core group I am playing with is switching to soft core because in season 4 my friend lost 2-3 characters to DCs, in Season 5 another friend lost 1-2 characters to DCs and in S5 I lost character with 6 or 7 ancients I could not replace to augment while I was learning a new build. Plus with augmented gear and leveling gems losing a HC character hurts even more now.

For Season 6 I will start with a WD and i'm sure ill have a Barb later as well.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

I've tried playing HC but I've also lost guys to disconnects, so it's just not an option on the PC. I have a couple HC guys at level 70/paragon 120 on the Xbone, though.

If I play season 6, it'll be as a witch doctor since Haedrig is giving away the Zunimassa set. Pet-doctors are super fun, and the fetishes are adorable.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:24 am

Yeah I feel for those PC HC players especially ones that play DoT classes and specs. My SC non-season WD which is a crazy chicken build with Archyr, Jerams, and mimics belt....Wall o Dead and Piranhas......lets just say TX is a slide show even as solo. I would never attempt that specific setup in HC.

But isn't just not the PC players that suffer server lag, consoles do too. Blizzard has confirmed the cause is all the mini-calculations the server has to do in the short time. I don't think they'll ever get it fixed unfortunately.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 pm

wait, what? I've been playing on console since day 1 (August 2014) and I've never had lag. Plus I play it when the internet is down, and it's fine. That's why duping is a problem on console, too - it's all offline all the time, unless you're in a multiplayer game.

FWIW I'm always set to "local only" because I don't want some turd with 8000 hacked paragon points and weird made-up items coming in and harshing my fun. D3 console is a solo-only game for me.

PC side, my wife and I started tonight in S6. She's a DH and I'm a WD. Got to 45. Going to bed.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu May 05, 2016 8:01 am

OK so plans have stopped dropping for me from bounty caches and I know I'm missing a couple of things. Most critically, I have no Aughild recipe for level 70. So I can't actually spec out my preferred build of 5 piece Zuni + 2 piece Aughild + RoRG. I found this thread but other than the second post (mine) it appears only one other person on earth is having this issue.

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:45 am

So, Necro is pretty cool. So far I am liking it enough to recommend it to anyone on the fence about spending the $15. I am sure they will turn around and nerf the class after the next season, but for the moment, there is a lot of build variety and not a lot of skills that aren't fun or usefull.
Dying doesn't make this world dead to us
Breathing doesn't keep the flame alive in us
Dreaming doesn't make time less real for us
One life, one chance, all ephemeral

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 am

I've hit level 70 and got two pieces of the Rathma set so far. Having a rank 51 Gem of Ease made that go quickly. Rathma is the set I'm most interested in because I intend to walk around with my posse while spamming Skeletal Mage. I've still got the yellow two-handed scythe I made when I started, because I haven't gotten a single Necro-specific weapon or off-hand drop.

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 am

I already bought it yesterday, but haven't jumped on yet. The combination of skills stuff that I have looked at seemed pretty cool. I'll probably jump in tonight and fart around a bit.

I wish they didn't introduce it in the middle of a season. All my friends are kinda meh on starting up again before the start of the new season. Oh well. It'll still be fun.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:22 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
I've hit level 70 and got two pieces of the Rathma set so far. Having a rank 51 Gem of Ease made that go quickly. Rathma is the set I'm most interested in because I intend to walk around with my posse while spamming Skeletal Mage. I've still got the yellow two-handed scythe I made when I started, because I haven't gotten a single Necro-specific weapon or off-hand drop.

Why are you trying to get items from drops? Just make a bunch of 70 yellow scythes then upgrade.

Current build and item set: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ano ... o/90344518

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm so used to playing seasons I forgot that I have the mats!

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:00 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
I'm so used to playing seasons I forgot that I have the mats!

I blew through all my reusable parts (white mats) trying to get a specific scythe before I realized there were two-handed scythes and I was upgrading the wrong ones.

Omniman
Gerbil XP

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

I've been really enjoying the Necro and I played it in beta but didn't want to get burned out from a character that wasn't going to stick around.
Intel i7-7700, MSI Trident, 32GB DDR4 2133mhz, Geforce 1060GTX, and Samsung Evo 1TB.

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 am

So far I'm still enjoying Necro but I'm wondering how much that will change when the next season hits and they smack them with a nerf stick. On the other-hand, I got my first Primal Ancient over the weekend and now the game has me hooked again. I finally feel like playing out-of-season non-ladder characters is meaningful again. I got luck with the primal too as it was a pretty nice weapon for my monk, unfortunately it was for a build she had no pieces for, meanwhile her in use build is almost solid ancients with +250 dex upgrades augmented. But hey, something new to work for.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:46 am

The Necro is really OP. I am afraid there is a nurf stick in its future. (Though quietly, I hope not) Because of the long weekend I was able to put in some time on the Necro. After dinging 70 it became apparent that I was able to Push TVI with no problems whatsoever. I didnt even have a single set piece for any set. Of course I cubed a bunch of rares for some of the new 2H Scyth's and got a couple of well rolled Ancients out of it. After looking at the leaderboards I followed suit and sought out the Inarius set and proceeded to use the common build for it, Grim Scyth/Cursed and Bone Armor/Dislocation.

I like the way the Inarius set and build plays its hella fun like a weedeater through mobs. After about a day of gambling with Kadala (She's a *itch) and rerolling like items I completed the set. And was easily able to push TX and Greater Neph of 80. And that's where I stopped for the weekend. The set and setup is terribly OP. (I do have to say Unity and the follower Item where they cannot die are keys to this build)

I havent tried any of the other sets, I do have complete Rathma and Pestilence sets. I think I'll try out the Rathma set and corresponding pet build next. Also the Locker is a great QoL addition!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Anovoca
Gerbil XP

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:19 am

I am running with a few people doing the inarius corpse lance build. I can see it is effective but I'm trying to not get too attached because I am sure it will be the first thing to get nerfed out there. I love my own invented build despite it not being the best at single target pulls. It is a 0 spender inarius build that uses AS and high crit with iron heart to proc blood-novas. It is really good at large crowds but the bloodnova proc is all RNG so the dps is very spiky. I switched to a zpds build last night with hopes of pushing some lvl90-100 greaters with friends. At the moment, the build averages 1.4 billion toughness w/o unity. That toughness is with my character at full health and will increase for every point of missing HP, due to the Necro ring I am wearing. I don't know what my max toughness is (when i hit <10% HP) because I wasn't able to get bellow 98% hp on the grift 75 I tried soloing last night. The DPS is non existent and the pulling ability/group buffs are minimal in this build though, so I will have to find some impale Demon hunters to party with.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:54 pm

I like the Rathma set. It's the only one I have completed so far, though I have at least 3 pieces of each of the rest. Commanding minions feels so much more powerful and directed than a Zunimassa WD ever could. I did run the Inarius build in the challenge rift, too. That was also pretty cool, once you get the hang of it.