Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: Hearthstone

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Meadows wrote:
Stop complaining and build a more versatile deck.
Free country. I can keep complaining and you can keep complaining about it.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 am

Well that was a great pack of cards. I got an epic and 2 legendaries. Tirion Fordring and Golden Tirion Fordring.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I had a fun experience:
Someone played a Fel Reaver on me. (5 cost 8/8 minion).
As druid, I used innervate and a bunch of cheap cards to play 6 cards in one turn, destroying their entire remaining deck.

Doesn't seem like a good card unless you get it out early or silence it. (Priest, or Owl easiest).

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Druid Mill / Tree of Life decks. Yes! Every game can take over 30 minutes now.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:05 pm

I devoured the Nax add-on, but kind of quit playing. now the expansion is out and I initially played against a bunch of cards I've never seen. I've officially lost interest. :-/

On the other hand, I showed it to my nephew this summer on my iPad Mini and he got hooked. Now that it's out on Android, he's totally into it. My sister is unimpressed. :p
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Screw Dr. Boom. That card is in almost every deck there is. If a card fits immediately into every kind of deck, it MIGHT be OP. :roll:

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:51 pm

The tavern brawl is a lot of fun - but severely unbalanced. This week's effort is dominated by mages. It's fun to play with my wife, but playing others, you need to be a mage or you almost can't win.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:00 am

This week's tavern brawl is the craziest yet - start with 10 mana. I see a lot of druids, locks, priests, and mages playing decks in this variant.

I've won a lot of games but I haven't won yet against a first turn Alexstraza. First turn Ragnaros is pretty fun too.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 pm

You can play with the new cards in this week's tavern brawl, though the cards won't go live till next Monday Aug 24th.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:30 pm

There are some pretty crazy cards in the new offerings. And some wildly wicked combos.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Catastrophic nerf for Warsong Commander.

HA HA.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:07 pm

So over Thanksgiving I got back into playing HS. It pretty much was the only thing I could play from my phone while at the in-laws. Its funny with all the new cards that are out I am still beating players with my original Shammy deck with about a 80% success rate.

What frustrates me is when I have clearly won players leave. Dang it give me the satisfaction of beating you! LOL

For the curious here's the deck I use:

Earthshock x2
Lightening Bolt x2
Rockbiter Weapon x2
Argent Squire x2
Flamtongue Totem x2
Knife Juggler x2
Feral Spirit x2
Hex x2
Lightening Storm x1
Ironfur Grizzly x2
Unbound Elemental x1
Defender of Argus x2
Sen'jin Sheildmasta x2
Bloodlust x2
Azure Drake x1
Frostwolf Warlord x1
Fire Elemental x2
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

leor
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Just got into this game, a couple of months ago. I need some friends, who's still playing?

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 pm

I still play...Hawkwing74

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:44 am

Sometimes its fun to make a dramatic deck even if it doesn't work most of the time. I grabbed someone else's deck which utilizes "Anyfin Can Happen" and then tweaked a bit the way I liked it. This card is hilarious to me. 10 mana and 7 dead murlocs come back to life.

Has to be a Paladin deck to use that card.

One game I spawned the murlocs and just the charge minions alone had 20 dmg. One wonders what curses are going on at the other player's end. :lol:

Can't see my decklist from work but it uses the 1 cost zombies, murloc warleader, the charging murloc, murloc knight, azure drake and hammer of wrath for card drawing, etc.

It's not a killer ranked deck but it can be fun.

My best ranked deck lately has been shaman with the totem golem, robots, windfury.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 am

Since getting back into the game I am working through the PvE stuff to get all the cards. I am almost finished with Naxx, I have 1 more class challenge which is the Druid one and its giving me fits. The Pally one was just ridiculously hard. I think I had like 50+ tries before RNG saw it fit that I would win. (Incidentally on my winning game I didn't force Kel'Thuzad into his second phase. He had like 4 armor left and then all of a sudden on like turn 9 or 10 he went into phase 2 on his own. I just kept the board clear. When his two taunt minions came out I was set up pretty well with about 4 buffed oozes and a Consecrate which made quick work of them. I think I just milled his deck down after that because he played really weird and sparsely like playing only one card during each of his turns and never once did he touch his hero power. /shrug)

I've cleared Naxx on Normal but is there any reason to do it on hard? Epeen? I dont see any rewards for hardmode.

I like making decks that are just ludicrous and that Any Fin card is one of them. More often than not you'll find that because of the meta game decks like that win often because people aren't ready for it. It's fun to play them for a couple of weeks then let them sit for a couple months only to do it again.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:05 am

One of my old decks which was not borrowed from icyveins.com or similar is a druid deck. Uses 2 zombies -> Thaddius and Deathwing and a lot of creature control and taunting (Sludge Belchers and 4/6 taunt druids). Also Emperor Thaurissian (my favorite card) and innervates/wild growth.

It either spectacularly succeeds or spectacularly fails. Once in a while you can spawn Thaddius and Deathwing at the same time and that's usually game over.

But lately every deck seems to have Big Game Hunter which just wrecks this concept. I'm proud of the deck because it's completely my creation but it's not been doing as well lately.

As for Single player hard mode, I usually don't waste the effort. I think I only completed one of them. I don't want to pound my head on the RNG wall or find the perfect online deck to win.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
As for Single player hard mode, I usually don't waste the effort. I think I only completed one of them. I don't want to pound my head on the RNG wall or find the perfect online deck to win.

So once you have the cards from the normal PvE and class challenges there really isn't a point to the Hardmodes?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:25 am

tanker27 wrote:
Hawkwing74 wrote:

So once you have the cards from the normal PvE and class challenges there really isn't a point to the Hardmodes?

I don't know any point to it. Looks like for Naxx and Blackrock Mountain there are exclusive card backs (who cares?)

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:43 am

Ahh yeah....Ok now I remember, there isn't any new cards for Hardmodes only upon completion you get a new card back.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

leor
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:10 pm

I got to rank 8 last month using that mage mech deck from icy veins. I'm currently ranked 14 this month, but it seems harder to get wins. Running into a lot of league of explorers cards. I'm halfway through, saving up that gold is a slow process...

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 pm

leor wrote:
I got to rank 8 last month using that mage mech deck from icy veins. I'm currently ranked 14 this month, but it seems harder to get wins. Running into a lot of league of explorers cards. I'm halfway through, saving up that gold is a slow process...

Very nice, I get frustrated at the mid ranks and usually give up at rank 12.

leor
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
leor wrote:

Very nice, I get frustrated at the mid ranks and usually give up at rank 12.

Got to 6 so far, w00t!

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 am

I'm kinda excited about the new incoming changes. Especially because we can see new and exciting decks. Decks without Dr.Boom or Feugen/Stalagg.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

atari030
Gerbil

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 am

tanker27 wrote:
I'm kinda excited about the new incoming changes. Especially because we can see new and exciting decks. Decks without Dr.Boom or Feugen/Stalagg.

Hosanna! I hated Dr. Boom so much I refused to ever play the card in any of my own decks. Obviously to my own disadvantage, but I derived great pleasure from beating all those that utilized it so liberally. I'd have to say my new equivalent to Dr. Boom is 'Anyfin Can Happen'. Bah.

I also refuse to use preformulated decks that others have built. To me more than half my enjoyment of the game is coming up with my own decks....using cards that aren't used as often. Seriously, what fun is it to use the same prefab decks that everyone else uses? I guess the allure of climbing the latter on the backs of others is simply too great, but I personally don't see how that's all that satisfying or enjoyable.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:01 am

atari030 wrote:
I also refuse to use preformulated decks that others have built. To me more than half my enjoyment of the game is coming up with my own decks....using cards that aren't used as often. Seriously, what fun is it to use the same prefab decks that everyone else uses? I guess the allure of climbing the latter on the backs of others is simply too great, but I personally don't see how that's all that satisfying or enjoyable.

Well that's the meta.

I use them from time to time. Only because I suck at building decks. But when I do I just stick to a combo or two and try to build around it. To my chagrin, when I picked hearthstone back up over the holidays I thought I had a "invented" and all new meta/architype using the Grim Patron. Much to my surprise I was way late to the party and that there already was a Patron Warrior deck. LOL

I wish the Anyfin card was a shaman one because that's what I tend to play mostly is my shaman. Anyfin with a lust queued up man that would be a wrecking to the face.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

atari030
Gerbil

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:13 am

tanker27 wrote:
Well that's the meta.

Yep, just impotent raging on my part.....I'll continually get owned, but I have fun constantly tweaking and fiddling decks. Throwing out cards and combos that aren't seen as much. I guess that's what the Arena is for, but the randomness (and cost) of Arena throws a wrench into that.
tanker27 wrote:
I wish the Anyfin card was a shaman one because that's what I tend to play mostly is my shaman. Anyfin with a lust queued up man that would be a wrecking to the face.

LOL... wrecking to the face sounds right. Perhaps even putting it mildly. Just glad I'll never run into that combination! :)

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:48 am

tanker27 wrote:

What are the changes which affect Dr. Boom? I hate Dr. Boom so much. I used to have a druid feugen/stalagg deck which was fun.

atari030 wrote:

Hosanna! I hated Dr. Boom so much I refused to ever play the card in any of my own decks.
Me too, I didn't play with him for a good long while. I think I have a deck which has him in it now.

atari030 wrote:

I'd have to say my new equivalent to Dr. Boom is 'Anyfin Can Happen'. Bah.
I have been having a lot of fun with 'Anyfin can Happen'. Also, nowadays its hard to tell if you are going to see a 'Reno Jackson' deck and have to kill them twice.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 am

I agree with atari030. Building my own decks is where all the fun lies. Yes, I never progress on the ladder beyond rank 16 or so, but I don't really care.

I think the upcoming "standard" mode is going to be cool. Using just the basic and recent cards should freshen up the game a bit.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
What are the changes which affect Dr. Boom? I hate Dr. Boom so much. I used to have a druid feugen/stalagg deck which was fun.

To sum up there will be two games Wild and Standard.

Wild - is any card can be used.

Standard - older cards from previous years will be rotated out. When the next season goes live all the cards from Naxx will be gone. This affects the ladder, esports, and to some extent tavern brawl. You wont be able to purchase the cards/packs but you can still craft them for the Wild game type.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')