Personal computing discussed

Moderator: Hoser

 
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello everyone,

In case you have missed it, the Eidos Montreal team has just released a blog detailing the PC system requirements for the game as well as many PC-specific features of the game. Here is the link: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog ... heme=thief

As mentioned in the blog, Eidos and AMD have a little more work to accomplish to ensure the PC version of Thief delivers the fastest and best gaming experience for AMD Radeon customers, and are working on a patch which will include support for our Mantle API and TrueAudio technologies slated for March.

Thief will feature AMD CrossFire and AMD Eyefinity technologies at launch (February 25th in North America and February 28th in Europe).

Here are a few links I hope you find helpful:

Thief official site: http://thiefgame.com/
AMD Never Settle Forever: http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-set ... rever.aspx
AMD Gaming Evolved: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/community/ ... olved.aspx
AMD Gaming Evolved, list of games: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/games/Pages/games.aspx
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative
 
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 am

Latest news say mantle support for Thief will come later - True ?
Image
 
LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am
Location: The red forest

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:11 am

Jigar wrote:
Latest news say mantle support for Thief will come later - True ?

yep
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog ... heme=thief
We’re extremely proud of the work we’ve done with AMD to make the PC version of THIEF a stand-out, definitive experience although we have a little more work to do to accommodate all of these new PC-specific features - we are busy working on a patch to support AMD’s Mantle and TrueAudio technologies that is scheduled for March.
Lost Cat may or may not have slept recently. Who can say?
 
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:20 am

Savyg wrote:
Jigar wrote:
Latest news say mantle support for Thief will come later - True ?

yep
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog ... heme=thief
We’re extremely proud of the work we’ve done with AMD to make the PC version of THIEF a stand-out, definitive experience although we have a little more work to do to accommodate all of these new PC-specific features - we are busy working on a patch to support AMD’s Mantle and TrueAudio technologies that is scheduled for March.


A bit disappointed due to this delay but i think 1 month should not be much of a problem, i will buy Thief only once mantle support is available in it. :)
Image
 
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Jigar wrote:
Savyg wrote:
Jigar wrote:
Latest news say mantle support for Thief will come later - True ?

yep
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blog ... heme=thief
We’re extremely proud of the work we’ve done with AMD to make the PC version of THIEF a stand-out, definitive experience although we have a little more work to do to accommodate all of these new PC-specific features - we are busy working on a patch to support AMD’s Mantle and TrueAudio technologies that is scheduled for March.


A bit disappointed due to this delay but i think 1 month should not be much of a problem, i will buy Thief only once mantle support is available in it. :)


Hello,
I'll make sure to keep you informed on this topic as much as I can... :)
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative
 
LostCat
Graphmaster Gerbil
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am
Location: The red forest

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 pm

The patch is due tomorrow. I just picked up the game a few days ago.

Still using a 660 so I hope I can use TrueAudio. I expect so, but we'll see.
Lost Cat may or may not have slept recently. Who can say?
 
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 am

Savyg wrote:
The patch is due tomorrow. I just picked up the game a few days ago.

Still using a 660 so I hope I can use TrueAudio. I expect so, but we'll see.


Yes, you're right :-)

I just started a thread about the Thief Patch and our new Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver, it's located here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93417
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests