I just got a tablet a couple weeks ago (late adopter, I know). This has sparked my interest in mobile games as a way to encourage me to use the thing and justify the purchase. Unfortunately, aside from browsing Play Store's "Top Free" games, I've found it strangely difficult to find decent games that aren't geared toward children 10 and under. So, what is everyone's favorite mobile games?
Here are my favorites, in order.
1) Clash of Clans - By far my favorite game. Been playing it A LOT since January. Since it's a worldwide multiplayer strategy game (time ticks by, even if you're not playing), there is a lot of psychological and strategic thinking that you can put into it (or not for younger players). The fact that you can hop on for ~5 minutes or less (to attack/re-arm traps/donate troops/collect resources) and put it back down, coupled with seemingly endless upgrade-ability makes this a game I can see myself playing for a long long time.
(Clan = To Victory, Username = DPete27 if anyone wan'ts to join)
2) Fruit Ninja - Pretty sure everyone has heard of this one. Slice fruit...end of story. Fruit Ninja gets my vote over Fruit Slice (which I've also played) because of the unlock-able content and the multiplayer mode. This is more of an occasional pick-up game.
3) Deer Hunter 2014 - Pretty decent hunting game with good graphics. Moderate play-ability. I got just into Region 6 and stopped because it was taking too long to earn enough money for weapon upgrades. Fun while it lasted (little over a month?)
4) Unblock Me - Get the red block out of the puzzle. Played a very similar game at my grandparent's when I was a kid. Exercises your brain.
5) Candy Crush (aka Bejeweled) - My wife loves this game...It's okay. For me it's more of an occasional pick-up game to pass the time if I have nothing else to do. It just seems like a lot of the outcome is based on luck, not so much on skill.
I think a good game needs to exercise your brain and/or always leave something for you to work toward (upgrades/unlockables/etc). Otherwise, people will just play it for a short time and toss it.
Last edited by DPete27
on Mon May 05, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main: i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, MSI RX480 8G, 500GB Crucial BX100, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 16GB 1600MHz G.Skill @1.25V, EVGA 550-G2, Silverstone PS07B
HTPC: A8-5600K, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53, 4TB Seagate SSHD, 8GB 1866MHz G.Skill, Crosley D-25 Case Mod