Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Sun May 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Picked this up via Steam on Friday, lots of fun, doesn't seem to tax my 780TI with max settings at 1440P.

Already stuck in game though, last bit of prologue, supposed to whack robot with a pipe, can't seem to even touch the thing. I watched a few walk-thru vids and it shows it to be easy-peasy!
Gamer - i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX1060, 950 PRO, 840EVO

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Whack robot? Which one? The one that is left in a room with gas torches after you get handcuffed? Just come close to it and press "E", there's not much else needed...

And yea, this game runs and performs extremely well with latest non-beta Nvidia drivers - no slowdowns, no crashes, no memory leaks, smooth as butter.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun May 25, 2014 8:03 pm

hmm yeah tried that, you mouse over robot that's killing your buddy, MOUSE 3 lights up, can whack away to no avail, and E does nothing.. no matter from which angle I try
Gamer - i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX1060, 950 PRO, 840EVO

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sun May 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Yes, the "takedown" button (whatever you have it mapped to) - just press it and hold until you insert the pipe into that robot's back... It worked the first time for me and for everyone else I've seen. If it doesn't - just reload the game from last checkpoint or start completely anew (it's still a prologue).
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Does this game get good? I just started and I don't want to waste any more time if it plays like COD for the rest of the game the way it's starting.

"Call of Wolfenstein" ?
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.