Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Techgoudy
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Anyone else excited about Halo: MCC

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 pm

I've been a Halo fan since Halo 2. Is anyone else excited for this console game?

l33t-g4m3r
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Anyone else excited about Halo: MCC

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

No. Don't even know what MCC stands for. I might be somewhat interested if there was a PC release, but until then, no.

weaktoss
Gerbil

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm pretty excited! ..but I don't own an Xbox One. This is the only release thus far that's tempted me at all to get one. Playing Halo 2 online is among my fondest gaming memories, and I'm pumped that it will soon be possible again.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:44 pm

I played Halo 3 on Xbox 360, and it was OK, but I'm not much of a FPS fan anymore. I think it's cool all of the games are getting a facelift - the first two will in particular really benefit from it. For Halo fans it'll be quite a timesink, I'm sure...:lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

njenabnit
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm considering picking up a xbone just for this and the next Halo release in the future. I switched over to PS4 knowing that this was coming, but it is just so dang tempting!

LostCat

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Never finished ODST or Reach so I'll grab it eventually. I like the X1 controller in Warframe.
Meow.

Prestige Worldwide
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Would care if they would release it on PC. Looks like a nice bundle.
8700k@5GHz, Custom Water Loop | ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming K6 | 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
RTX 3080 | LG 27GL850 144Hz | WD SN750 1TB| MX500 1TB | 2x2TB HDD | Win 10 Pro x64
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Sennheiser HD555 | Seasonic SSR-850FX | Fractal Arc Midi R2

Techgoudy
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:43 pm

l33t-g4m3r wrote:
No. Don't even know what MCC stands for. I might be somewhat interested if there was a PC release, but until then, no.

Stands for Master Chief Collection, which contains Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Overall, I am really excited as Halo was my go to game before I ventured into PC gaming. That said if anyone wants to play, send me a friend request: Axios Chronos

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 pm

l33t-g4m3r wrote:
Don't even know what MCC stands for.

Marylebone Cricket Club. Between 1787 and 1993 it had sole authority as to the laws of cricket. It's also the owner of Lord's Cricket Ground.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm not excited if it means I have to buy an XBone.

On consoles, Halo and Halo 2 were good, if not spectacular FPS games.
On PC, there was just much more choice and much better games. It didn't help that Halo 2 was delayed on PC for three years, when I finally got around to playing it I realised that it was a very linear game with some very dated mechanics.

Despite owning a 360 at the time (I still have it) I really don't enjoy playing FPS games on a gamepad. It's like voluntarily handicapping yourself and removing much of the control that brings satisfaction to playing, IMO.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

auxy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:11 pm

l33t-g4m3r wrote:
I might be [...] interested if there was a PC release, but until then, no.
Signed.

LostCat

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Chrispy_ wrote:
I really don't enjoy playing FPS games on a gamepad.

All I've played in FPS land is Warframe so far, and I liked it on the X1 pad a lot better than I've liked previous games on the 360 pad.

We shall see if that holds. I'd have to do a proper comparison which I probably won't bother, but it feels better.
Meow.

willyolio
Gerbil XP

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 am

i never managed to get into Halo. Played halo 1, found it incredibly repetitive. also, i prefer my FPSes with mouse and keyboard.

honestly, do people find Halo really that good compared to PC FPS games, or was it just that popular because console FPSes were relatively crappy?

njenabnit
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 am

willyolio wrote:
i never managed to get into Halo. Played halo 1, found it incredibly repetitive. also, i prefer my FPSes with mouse and keyboard.

honestly, do people find Halo really that good compared to PC FPS games, or was it just that popular because console FPSes were relatively crappy?

I played a ton of Halo 3 multiplayer in college. It is a lot different than other FPS games mostly due to the speed of it. You can't really compare it to any call of duty, CS, UT, or battlefield game. This was more of a precision game I guess. It is kind of hard to describe. I also had 3 other friends who played pretty frequently with me, so I'm sure that contributed to the experience.

Looking at my stats page, I have an even 2000 games of Halo 3 under my belt. That is after playing splitscreen as a guest account with my roommate for an estimate 500 or so games (he has closer to 3000 games on his name).

In college, many of my friends had an xbox 360 but not a gaming PC. I have no complaints about the FPS gameplay for multiplayer in Halo 3. In 4 they started releasing some additional abilities that drove us away a little bit.

On a somewhat related note, some of my more memorable experiences from college were on Halo 3 with my buds. My roommate and I had a wallmounted TV in the livingroom with another TV directly below it on the entertainment center. We had a 360 on each side of the bottom TV and didn't have to split screen that way. It wasn't uncommon for us to pick up 2 large hot and ready pizzas for $5 each along with an 18 pack of Miller High Life and then not move from the couch for the evening. My roommate and I both rowed on the crew team in college, so we could afford all of those calories back then :lol:. We had what could be considered the ultimate bachelor pad.

LostCat

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:23 am

willyolio wrote:

I'd be more shocked if anyone *didn't* find Halo 1 incredibly repetitive. The series improved pretty drastically past 1, but then each game was a pretty damn good improvement IIRC. (Note: I didn't play multiplayer.)
Meow.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:25 am

njenabnit wrote:
On a somewhat related note, some of my more memorable experiences from college were on Halo 3 with my buds. My roommate and I had a wallmounted TV in the livingroom with another TV directly below it on the entertainment center. We had a 360 on each side of the bottom TV and didn't have to split screen that way. It wasn't uncommon for us to pick up 2 large hot and ready pizzas for $5 each along with an 18 pack of Miller High Life and then not move from the couch for the evening.

For me that was Goldeneye on Nintendo64. We only had one TV, though, because no networking. 4 player split screen Goldeneye was DA BOMB
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen