rona rosen1 wrote:
Here’s a solution I found online - maybe it’ll do the trick. Discharge your LG G4 thoroughly until it turns itself off. Turn it on again and let it turn off. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent. Turn your phone on.
That's a common problem with Android phones, small errors build up over time and they stop being able to estimate the battery's charge level.
Yes, I realize that this can happen with Li-ion batteries. It definitely wasn't my
issue though, as the phone was also getting quite warm to the touch; so something
was clearly chewing through electrons at a very high rate.
I would also just like to point out that my (the OP's) issue was solved back in January, and this thread has been necroed twice since then (the latest one being yesterday).
If the world isn't making sense to you, you're either drinking too much or not drinking enough.