Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Anovoca
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Samsung VR for S6

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 am

Just wondering if any Gerbils out there have played around with the Samsung Oculus for S6 or Note 4 yet? It is only $200 and I am seriously considering getting one for my birthday but I have some reservations. For starters, I am not a fan of most of the games on the google play market and I primarily would use it for VR exclusive content; however, I have no idea how much content is on the market for it yet, what the price is for that content, and if the quality of the content is worth it.
Dying doesn't make this world dead to us
Breathing doesn't keep the flame alive in us
Dreaming doesn't make time less real for us
One life, one chance, all ephemeral

Atradeimos
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Samsung VR for S6

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:30 am

Anovoca wrote:
Just wondering if any Gerbils out there have played around with the Samsung Oculus for S6 or Note 4 yet? It is only $200 and I am seriously considering getting one for my birthday but I have some reservations. For starters, I am not a fan of most of the games on the google play market and I primarily would use it for VR exclusive content; however, I have no idea how much content is on the market for it yet, what the price is for that content, and if the quality of the content is worth it.

Do you like flight or space sims? Seems to me that's what works best with VR right now.

You'll definitely run into the usual gamut of early adopter issues though. I don't think any of the developers have invested the time/money into making the best possible VR experience on either platform. The usual chicken-and-egg between developers making SW worth buying and having customers worth selling SW to.

I wouldn't buy one before we get more details on HoloLens or we get more titles worth playing, but that just makes me part of the problem :wink: