Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Re: Verizon capping my data prematurely

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Heiwashin wrote:
Aether wrote:
It sounds like Verizon may have two systems tracking data use, and the one that reports to the Verizon app is calculating differently than the one that decides when to start throttling your data. If this supposition is true, the fact that you say that this started when Popdata went live makes me wonder if part of Verizon's system was updated incorrectly with the Popdata code update.

That's pretty much been my thought to a degree. My suspicion was that the code handling the throttling was including some popdata sessions for some reason. But since it cleared up after the usage of a session this time, but never before, i'm back at square one.

FWIW, we now have data rollover on our plan and I've noticed that each month, Verizon calculates all usage against our standard data plan before using rollover data from the previous month.  And, rollover is not cumulative, only the previous month's surplus (if any) is available.

Nothing wrong with that but I can see where additional data purchases might be handled badly by the algorithm that calculates usage targets.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: Verizon capping my data prematurely

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Got a message on my phone, did some digging, and found this.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/?cmp=KN ... atchtype=b

So i guess verizon is planning some sort of unlimited internet. I"m a little bit concerned about how this could affect me. If you look at every other carrier, unlimited internet means you only get about 5gb for hotspotting and the like. Regardless i supposed i will eagerly await the morning.

Edit on second thought i'll amke a new thread about this, because this problem will likely be nonexistant by the morning, for better or worse.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.