Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Schmoo
Gerbil
Topic Author

Does anyone here have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8" Windows version ?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Guys, I was just wondering if anyone on here has a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8" Windows version with either Windows 8.1 or 10 ? If you do, could you please share your opinion of it and what you do or don't like about it ? What is the build quality like ? What sort of battery life do you generally get ? To the best of my knowledge the 8" version has never been sold in Australia so I will have to buy one from an overseas source (maybe used) and won't have the opportunity to see one in the flesh before buying.

I'm just looking for a couch/bed browser and I won't need to play Crysis on it so I don't need massive computing power. The most strenuous thing it will ever do is play a YouTube or Netflix video and I will never write anything on it so the Anypen technology isn't really important to me but I like the idea of the inbuilt stand it has so that it can be propped up on a bedside table or somewhere like that. I'm even fine with using the Metro version of IE if it is a Windows 8.1 version although I'm sure that will horrify many out there.

This is the device I am talking about. I know there is also an Android version however I'm not interested in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g01_BkvO9_c