Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Tronguy456
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

How can I destroy my data on a samsung J9 Neo.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Hey Guys, I hope you are having a good weekend, I have a question for you all.

I have an old Samsung J9 Neo which I want to give away to my nephew since its old and I have a new Phone, I just had that cellphone stashed.

But it was my personal phone was upon a time, so I had personal information, financial info, work info, all that stuff, so I want to know how can I destroy this data, is it in the SD? and the internal storage?
I just want to buy a new drive and memory and give it away to him.

Thank you so much for the help

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Re: How can I destroy my data on a samsung J9 Neo.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Assuming you are not a bot, welcome to the forums. :) (I only see a J7 Neo FWIW)

For the microSD card, you can just format the card from the phone or take it out and format it with a computer.

For the phone, you can do a factory reset. These are the instructions for the S7 but being Nougat it should be similar. If not, just look for Factory Reset in Settings.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

lvt
Gerbil In Training

Re: How can I destroy my data on a samsung J9 Neo.

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:36 am

Tronguy456 wrote:
Hey Guys, I hope you are having a good weekend, I have a question for you all.

I have an old Samsung J9 Neo which I want to give away to my nephew since its old and I have a new Phone, I just had that cellphone stashed.

But it was my personal phone was upon a time, so I had personal information, financial info, work info, all that stuff, so I want to know how can I destroy this data, is it in the SD? and the internal storage?
I just want to buy a new drive and memory and give it away to him.

Thank you so much for the help

Your phone seems to come with Nougat (Android 7)?

Since Android 6 you can format the SD card as internal storage, once you did it, both your phone's memory and the SD are now encrypted. When you are ready to give the phone away, just make a factory reset and you are done.
IT Technician since Windows 3.11, web programmer since PHP3.