Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

ShadowEyez
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Wireless Earbuds

Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 pm

Everyonce in a while I google to see if there are any wireless earbuds for use in mp3 players (not as cell phone hands-free sets). Are there? I think this would be a really nice way to put wireless technology to a practical use.

~ShadowEyez~
The finest tools are forged from the hottest fires

seeker010
Gerbil First Class

Mon May 15, 2006 8:30 pm

how do you expect to power such things for any appreciable length of time without wires?

primitive.notion
Gerbil XP

Mon May 15, 2006 9:06 pm

Funny, the new Doctor Who just had an episode all about wireless earbuds. Not only do they make you look like a cyborg, they ... well I won't give away anymore of the (laughable) plot.

Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 pm

seeker010 wrote:
how do you expect to power such things for any appreciable length of time without wires?

Bluetooth headsets get around 5 hours.

Uhura might be able to lend you hers: http://www.theharrowgroup.com/articles/ ... age012.jpg
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Mon May 15, 2006 9:50 pm

Convert wrote:
seeker010 wrote:

Bluetooth headsets get around 5 hours.

Uhura might be able to lend you hers: http://www.theharrowgroup.com/articles/ ... age012.jpg
Funny, I was just thinking about watch batteries and idly trying to calculate how much time you'd get out of a battery small enough to fit in your ear, and then I got to thinking about larger camera batteries and the image that immediately came to mind was, well, Uhura. Since we know the 3" floppy form factor comes back for storage, and flip-phones get their range extended to orbit, I guess it's not surprising to think Uhura is using some bad-ass bluetooth set that needs extra large batteries...