Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Pongo
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Brand New lappy.....its borked

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 am

Soooo, I finally got my new notebook from Ibuypower (i wouldnt recommend) yesterday. Got it with Vista home premium. Booted it up, worked fine, blah blah blah. I tried to use the fingerprint security feature, and load my fingerprint into the program or whatever, and it wasn't happening, so I decided to uninstall. That went ok, but when I tried to re-install using the driver's utility disc, I couldn't find the security program, only the drivers for the fingerprint pad. So, I decided to do a system restore, and restore windows to when I first turned it on a few hours previous. That is where it went awry. It took forever to do that, and then it went to the shutdown screen, and locked there for at least 5 minutes. So i had no choice but to power it down and reboot. I havent been able to boot succesfully yet. I put in the recovery cd, and it proceeds to ask me if I want to boot from cd...blah blah blah....it then says "loading windows files." after that, it goes to the windows start up screen, and freezes there, every time. I tried running in safe mode, and it always gets stuck on :\windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

any siggestions, please, I know that tech support form Ibuypower will take forever to get through to, so that is a last resort. I don't plan to send this thing back and wait another 3 weeks to have a notebook.....