Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

jokinin
Gerbil
Topic Author

Samsung ATIV Book 5 won't start.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Model number is NP530UC3

I have problems with this laptop, bought some days ago.
Thing is, when I got it home, I turned it on, and it wouldn't start W8, instead, it tried to recover W8, crashed and restarted.
Now my question is if anyone has a similar Samsung laptop, and knows if there is any key shortcut to recover the OS image to the hard drive, in an automated form.
I've tried several keys and it didn't work (F1, F4, F8, F10)...
Nor I have been able to get to BIOS and try to setup boot disk so I can insert a W8 DVD to try to recover or install.
Thing is, I can get a refund for it, so if there is some very easy way to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will get a refund for the value of purchase.
If the later is the case, could you please recommend me some laptop with mate finish screen, 13-14 inches and under 800€ if possible?
Thanks in advance.

Arvald
Gerbil Elite

Re: Samsung ATIV Book 5 won't start.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Best bet is to see if you can through a reinstall the factory image (by whatever means they give you)

it could be the unit was bumped a bit too much in transit and the hard disk has suffered.

LASR
Gerbil First Class

Mon May 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Get a refund. If something breaks that soon, I suspect some is wrong with the device.

jokinin
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue May 13, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks for the replies, I've searched in the samsung website, and apparently if you hit F4 at startup, it should begin the restore process, but this doesn't work on this laptop, so yes, i will get a refund, and be done with it.