Personal computing discussed

Moderators: David, Thresher

HERETIC
Gerbil XP

Re: The A9X Benchmarked in the Real World

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Think this comment from PC World puts it in a nutshell-

"For one thing, I don’t think you can look at just a couple of numbers from one or two benchmarks and make a conclusion. That is, unless you’re looking to bend the truth to fit a pre-conceived agenda. That’s called benchmarketing, not benchmarking and there’s a difference."

My choice of a ideal bench is Handbreak - whether in fps or time taken,and power used over time taken can show efficiency of system as well.
While turbo-boost is great for browsing and small applications it puts your "race to sleep" CPU's where they belong-on the bottom of the pile...........

windwalker
Gerbil First Class

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 pm

whm1974 wrote:
You are trying to convince me that the iPad Pro can replace my desktop.

I am not.
Simply because I have no idea what you use your desktop for so I couldn't possibly suggest a replacement.

You are too self-centred.
Just like you didn't notice I wasn't talking about your needs you're too self-centred to understand your needs are not the needs of most people.

DrDominodog51
Gerbil Elite

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 pm

auxy wrote:
Where can I sign up for the church of chuckula? ヾ(*ΦωΦ)ノ

I will offer my lowly Pentium AE as a sacrifice to the all powerful Chuckula. Emoticons must be used in every post of a member to remember the founder of the church. ('ω') :lol:
Last edited by DrDominodog51 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celeron G3920 @ 4.7 GHz, Maximus VIII Impact, 8 GB of 4000 MHz 19-21-21-41 Samsung E-Die

chuckula
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:03 pm

I can't decide whether to focus on the logical fallacies or the paranoia.

I could say the same for you considering you blindly worship a product that you can't even be bothered to purchase and hurl insults at people who actually own one.

Unlike you, I actually own a Core-M and in the last year I can guarantee that I've done things that no maxipad or successor to the maxipad will ever be capable of. There's a whole lot more to multitasking than Apple's made-up "invention" of placing one window next to another window on a screen.
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; GTX-1080; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.

f0d
Gerbil XP

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:14 pm

if the maxipad is fast enough to do most of the things you need does that mean nobody will ever buy another one after purchasing it as its fast enough and more power isnt needed?

because i remember many people saying the same thing about the last gen iphones and ipads yet the apple fanboys and girls upgrade to the slightly newer and faster ones the second they are released

so if *this* generation of ipad is fast enough for all your tasks does that mean you will never buy one again?

whm1974
Gerbil Elder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Haven't sales of most tablets slowed down earlier this year already?