Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, Thresher

rogelio
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Extracting Files from iPhone Backup

Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:19 pm

I've been having issues with applications on my phone, so I restored to factory default and then synced everything back. One thing I forgot though, was to copy off my camera-roll before I wiped clean.

"Although iTunes backs up most of your iPhone and iPod touch settings, downloaded applications, and other information (Contacts, calendars, notes, images in the Camera Roll), your audio, video, and photo content are not included in the backup."

iTunes made a backup before I restored to factory default settings. Would that backup happen to hold my camera-roll photos (and if so, is there a way to recover them... or dig around/recover anything in the iTunes backup), or am I out of luck? If they are there, is there a program that can easily extract out those contents - specifically, my camera-roll pics?

FYI, I'm running WinXP. Thanks.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Extracting Files from iPhone Backup

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:37 pm

Does the phone show up as a removable drive like an ipod does? If so, I'd turn on viewing hidden files and start searching that way.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

rogelio
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Nope... can't access it as a storage drive (that's sort of the idea behind people "jail-breaking" their phones... it gives disk access rights). Only appears as a phone in windows explorer (to grab pictures).

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 pm

I use iPhonePOV
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!