Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, Thresher

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

MBA with iphone, ipad

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Guy,

I am thinking to buy a MBA for travel purpose , it mainly use for personal surfing ,photo , ppt ..etc. as my company laptop only restrict for office use..(blocked all USB/external HD)..

and most of the time i will carry my iphone5 , will it be good pair for MBA and iphone 5 ??

kumori
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: MBA with iphone, ipad

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:30 am

I've found it very easy to tether a iPhone to an Macbook. Other than that I don't think there is any really benefit.

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 am

kumori wrote:
I've found it very easy to tether a iPhone to an Macbook. Other than that I don't think there is any really benefit.

should i just get IPAD will do ? but i want the functionality of ppt , word for some urgent meeting & presentation...

trackerben
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 am

mghong wrote:
kumori wrote:

should i just get IPAD will do ? but i want the functionality of ppt , word for some urgent meeting & presentation...

If you're putting out business docs and spreadsheets you better spring for the MacBook. They are designed to work seamlessly with iPhones through iTunes and other OSX software. I'd get an iPad Mini (or perhaps Nexus 7) to complement or substitute for the laptop though. On short leisure trips a 3G/LTE tablet may be all the big screen you need and can also serve as a GPS navigator.