Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

Thebolt
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Pc-60 vs. ATC-710 SX1

Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:47 pm

I am looking to get a new case to replace my piece of s*** current case. I was originally going to get a pc75b but decided that i didnt want to spend that much. I already have a good power supply and do not need the fans included in the pc-60(but extra fans cant hurt)

I am planning to buy the case from newegg because of good expiriences from them and bad expiriences from other places...

Coolermaster ATC-710 SX1

pros:

-looks good imo
-drive bay cover/look of front
-spacious interior
-$85.00 + $18.00(shipping)price
cons:

-only front panel is made by coolermaster
-no top fan
-no removable motherboard tray
-no included fans

Lian Li PC-60

pro:

-all aluminum
-mobo tray
-top fan
-included fans
Cons:

-smaller
-price of $113 + $10

Even though I have enough money to buy the lian-li, less is always a plus

--Thanks--

P.S. sorry i got carried away

RandomNull
Gerbil Elite

Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:16 pm

Having worked in the industry of cases and modding for quite some time as well as building machines with both cases I would say go for the coolermaster.

Lian-Li's look nice but I don't like working on them at all, they are major pains in the ass compared to that coolermaster which uses the standard chen-ming case that is in my opinion the easiest case to deal with.
It may not have a removable tray but there is tons of room inside and the hdd cages are removable so working on it is no deal at all.
Wiring is easier to hide, and the cooling potential is much greater in the coolermaster..

So yeah if you can't tell by now I am saying STAY AWAY from the lian-li and enjoy the coolermaster and the cash you saved.

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:02 am

I own the PC-60 and the standard Chenming version of that Coolermaster. Both are excellent cases and it's hard to say that one is better than the other. If you move your computer around often, then you might want to look into the Lian Li. Not only is it lighter, but it isn't nearly as bulky. The attention to detail on the Lian Li is amazing. From the thumbscrews to the motherboard tray and built in fan controller, they cover just about everything. If the Coolermaster is anything like the standard Chenming version, then it is lacking in some of these little details. However, it does offer superior airflow and more elbow room. If I were you, I would lean a little more towards the Lian Li, but it all depends on what you need in a case. Either one should serve you well.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

Thebolt
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:41 am

at first i was leaning towards the lian-li but when i saw the price of the ATC710 i wanted it instead...now i still cant decide...since newegg is out of stock and says that it will be in stock tommorow for the atc-710, i guess i'll get the atc-710 unless the price goes up because it looks so good and would hide my drive bays; I am still not sure about this choice so your opinions are needed, i will either purchase it monday(the 8th) or teusday. Once again thanks for the responses.

Edit: i have again changed my mind, i am now leaning towards the lian-li

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:59 pm

I have 2 Lian-Li cases, a PC 70 and PC 61. I have not tried out the coolermaster case at all, but I have also heard good things about that one too. If you are looking for a big case, you can not go wrong with the PC-70, as it has much more room than the PC 60 but does give up the removable tray. With all the room in the PC 70 though you will not really miss it, as you can fit full size server boards in there. The PC 60 will also fit a large board too, as I have a P3 dual board in mine right now, but it is very tight. The PC 60 does have a much smaller footprint than the PC 70 though, so if space is a problem, I would go with that one.

Thebolt
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:12 pm

Thanks for the replies, i have purchased the pc-60 for 123 after shipping from newegg. I was also looking at the xaser 3 but decided it looked a big to flashy and that the lian-li's clean look was better.