Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

Dazrin
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Silverstone Kublai KL07 vs Fractal Design Define C

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I was going to post this in the Define C thread but didn't want to take that onto a tangent...

The Fractal Design Define C has been on my 2017 build list since the review came out but just ran across the SilverStone Kublai KL07* which is interesting. Barring a TR review I had to go elsewhere to find some but there aren't many reviews (in English) yet, there are a couple though.

Compared to the Define C the KL07 is larger, includes 3x 140 mm fans, has a front USB type C port, the bottom filter is rear accessed instead of front accessed (boo!), and they are about the same price. My biggest gripe is with the bottom filter, I hate rear access filters since my computer sits in a cubby below my desk and taking it out is a pain. That is one of the reasons the Define C was so appealing to me but it looks fairly easy to mod the KL07 to have front access, nothing is in the way like in in the Corsair 400Q (now my 3rd choice).

Has anyone had experience with the KL07? Thoughts?

Thank you!

*I had forgotten about it from the 2016 Computex roundup, hopefully TR will get one to review after CES.

I had links but I haven't posted in the forums enough for that, sorry. :(