No votes

Total votes: 3

Were
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Carbide Series 275R vs others..

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am

Hello everyone (new here..)
I am looking for a new case, have to separate from my T28 Sharkoon case which was and still excellent but unfortunately it doesn't fit my new CPU cooler (Deepcool Lucifer K2 ) which is about 16.3 cm long. I am undecided between the Corsair and the models above. They both have the same price in my country and fit my specifications -->

(ATX/mid)

CPU - Intel I7-4770k
GPU - R9 290
PSU - TX 650 M
1 HDD 1 SSD

I am looking for the most quiet case from above, another options will be accepted

meerkt
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Carbide Series 275R vs others..

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 am

Welcome!

Why did you need a new cooler, and why this specific model?
A comfortable case seems more important to me than this or that cooler.

Were
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 am

meerkt wrote:
Welcome!

Hi
My CPU temperature going crazy (82 C+) when playing games (not necessarily demanding) or watching long movies (~72C+) so I decided to buy a new cooler and it was in a cheap price (bought it with a 16$ discount). These specific cases have approximately the same price in my country and they are about ~78$. The MB511 of cooler master is the cheapest (75$).
Last edited by Were on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Were
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:48 am

Were wrote:
meerkt wrote:
Welcome!

Hi
My CPU temperature going crazy (82 C+) when playing games (not necessarily demanding) or watching long movies (~72C+) so I decided to buy a new cooler and it was in a cheap price (bought it with a 16$ discount). These specific cases have approximately the same price in my country and they are about ~78$. The MB511 of cooler master is the cheapest (75$).

*My current cooler is brand Zalman, I dont know the model, and is about 7 years old.

meerkt
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:31 am

If it doesn't fit, it's cheaper to get another cooler than a case.

But before that, it's not impossible, maybe even likely, that there's no actual problem with the Zalman.
If the fan rotates freely and sounds fine, did you try to reapply thermal paste and reseat the heatsink?
And if not, perhaps try to find a replacement fan of some sort.

Were
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 am

meerkt wrote:
If it doesn't fit, it's cheaper to get another cooler than a case.

But before that, it's not impossible, maybe even likely, that there's no actual problem with the Zalman.
If the fan rotates freely and sounds fine, did you try to reapply thermal paste and reseat the heatsink?
And if not, perhaps try to find a replacement fan of some sort.

Thermal paste was put about half year ago. I am not going to spend money on an old fan. I thought to change my case not only because of the CPU also because my GPU might heating the whole system (it's AMD R9 290) and I thought a new case would solve the CPU problem and the heat, noise as well.
Also I thought that upgrading after 7 years would be nice.

But I will take your suggestion into account, maybe I will just sell it, without any lose, and drill my case for another fan or something like that. I am currently running with 3 X 120 and one of them is wobbling and working really bad (the HDD/SSD fan). Thank you.

meerkt
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 am

If you want a new case for other reasons that's something else. I don't have specific case suggestions.

But those high temperatures, I'm not sure it's the case to blame. It doesn't seem likely any normal-functioning HSF would keep an i7-4770K at 50-60C above ambient. R9 290s are power-hungry and potentially run hot, but you say the CPU reaches 72C even when the GPU idles, so it's not due to GPU heat. Something strikes me as odd. Maybe try checking GPU temperatures.

Were
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:31 pm

meerkt wrote:
If you want a new case for other reasons that's something else. I don't have specific case suggestions.

But those high temperatures, I'm not sure it's the case to blame. It doesn't seem likely any normal-functioning HSF would keep an i7-4770K at 50-60C above ambient. R9 290s are power-hungry and potentially run hot, but you say the CPU reaches 72C even when the GPU idles, so it's not due to GPU heat. Something strikes me as odd. Maybe try checking GPU temperatures.

50 idle, max 72 in long movies, it happens rarely, usually I am on Youtube and temperatures are normal.( If I am not letting my computer "a rest" within 1-2 weeks, the temperatures will be going higher and higher --> I changed the thermal paste on my GPU and waiting for the results. For now it's ~45 idle, ~60 on youtube)