Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

sewerino26
Gerbil
Topic Author

Is my Seasonic Tx-850W going bad? Shutdown today once

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi dear users. I have had an problem today.

My pc:

10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming stock power 100%

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I bought machine and plugged in march 2021. No single issue,no reboots,no shutdowns. I played all games for many hours,no issues. Today…i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic part pc just shutdown. I rebooted again and its fine again.

Happened when gpu load change from 0% to 99%.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I remember that when pc goes off ,pc case lights flickered once and monitor flickered. That not happens when i shutting down manually.

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened today once. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you

meerkt
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Is my Seasonic Tx-850W going bad? Shutdown today once

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:45 pm

If it happened just once, too early to tell. Maybe a brownout?

If it happens again, wouldn't hurt to try another PSU if you have one available.

sewerino26
Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: Is my Seasonic Tx-850W going bad? Shutdown today once

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:11 pm

4 days ago…i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic when is press E button part pc just shutdown. I rebooted again and its fine again.

Happened after launching game on intro advertisements part.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I remember that when pc goes off ,pc case lights flickered for a second and then turned off completely. That flicker not happens when i shutting down pc manually.

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened once 4 days ago. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you

ps:So I am a bit confused. Everyone is saying that it is likely the psu with a problem...but they are also saying if it was the PSU’s over current protection, then I would HAVE to switch the flip in the back. I don’t have to flip switch.

happened once in 7 months of use.Also after shutdown I don’t have to flip switch on the back of psu