Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

DiRRRtyFlip
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mini-ITX case to fit a Silverstone SST-ST45SF power supply

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Hey all,

Mini-ITX form factor has come a long way, especially with some of the enthusiast level boards ASUS, Gigabyte & MSI have put out the past year or so. Especially with Steam's Big Picture feature, I would like to bring some of my gaming over to my living room & have an HTPC once again.

I would like to use re-use my Silverstone SST-ST45SF power supply that originally came with my Silverstone SG06BB-450 mITX SFF Case which I don't have anymore. My question is, are there cases (other than Silverstone's offerings) that would that would naturally fit this SFX sized power supply? Many mini ITX cases will allow for a standard sized ATX power supply but I really want something just as small & compact as the Silverstone SG06BB-450 it came in. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

drfish
Gerbil Elder

Re: Mini-ITX case to fit a Silverstone SST-ST45SF power supp

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:27 pm

My new crush uses SFX PSUs but has no room for expansion cards and probably poor thermals. Also no one seems to be selling it in the states. :(

There are adapter brackets out there but it seems no one is selling them standalone (well, no one major anyway). :-?

Edit: These guys support SFX but they come with PSUs.