Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, morphine

chuckula
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

This is what Intel's failure looks like

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:17 am

[voiceover]Lake Rider: a shadowy flight into the inept world of a chip that does not exist. Cannon Lake, a Krogothed notebook CPU on a crusade to champion the cause of helping AMD, the AMD fanboys, and Apple in a world of physics that operates above Moore's Law.[/voiceover]

You want pictures? I'll give you pictures.

Unfortunately they are keeping the really juicy stuff for their paid reports, but at least we have the first EM scans.
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; Officially RX-560... that's right AMD you shills!; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.

NovusBogus
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: This is what Intel's failure looks like

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:51 pm

So 10nm was nowhere to be found, then suddenly it appears right after that one guy with the unpronounceable last name gets canned. Coincidence? I THINK NOT, SIRS.

Amiga500+
Gerbil

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Erm, we knew it "existed".

As a tick box exersize using a chip that is so bad in quality and quantity no OEM wants it.

chuckula
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Amiga500+ wrote:
Erm, we knew it "existed".

As a tick box exersize using a chip that is so bad in quality and quantity no OEM wants it.

I'll buy you literally every single 7nm RyZen mobile system that AMD sells in 2018 if you buy me only 2 or 3 of these!

But thanks for posting. It shows that under all that d-bag cockiness you show on the outside that on the inside you're only value -- just like AMD's entire marketing platform -- is based on comparisons to Intel.
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; Officially RX-560... that's right AMD you shills!; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.

Amiga500+
Gerbil

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:33 pm

chuckula wrote:
But thanks for posting.

If it annoys you - I'm delighted to keep posting.

BTW - I fail to see me making a comparison to anyone in my previous post. Indeed - its more likely OEMs are comparing Intels 10nm "product" to Intel's 14nm product and finding the former to be not what they want. I believe at least one journo has already published such. It'd clearly make sense.

But of course, the concept of a logical thought train might as well be on another planet, never mind another country, to one as challenged as yourself.