Moderators: Flying Fox, morphine

NTMBK
Gerbil XP

Re: RyZen 2 Desktop CONFIRMED... to not have 16 cores

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:23 am

chuckula wrote:
DancinJack wrote:
NTMBK wrote:

Sure, and they just left a chiplet sized socket spare for ****s and giggles. Come on.

You said, let me check the notes, "confirmed." I guess you have inside sources, or read the words different than everyone else?

Apparently the same AMD executives that said there's no graphics coming to Matisse also answered any questions about moar coars with another question along the line of "Why wouldn't we put something there wink wink nudge nudge!"

Here's a video recreation.

Yup:

“Some people may have noticed on the package some extra room,” she said with a chuckle. “There is some extra room on that package and I think you might expect we will have more than eight cores.”

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3332205 ... adeon.html

derFunkenstein
Gold subscriber
Gerbil God

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:58 pm

I want to know what she said right after that. It's not in the article. In that case "I expect you'd think" is the same as "I'd bet" or "I'd guess" that you think something goes there, but the statement does nothing to say one way or another.

OTOH, the 8-core chiplet is designed. Discrete Vega chiplet IGP hasn't been demonstrated or shown on any roadmaps. So it makes sense.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

M3rcy
Gerbil In Training

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
I want to know what she said right after that. It's not in the article. In that case "I expect you'd think" is the same as "I'd bet" or "I'd guess" that you think something goes there, but the statement does nothing to say one way or another.

OTOH, the 8-core chiplet is designed. Discrete Vega chiplet IGP hasn't been demonstrated or shown on any roadmaps. So it makes sense.

Su: So there is some extra room on that package. And I think you might expect that we will have more than eight cores. I didn’t say how many more.

Reporter: And two memory channels will be enough?

Su: As I said, more to come.

From here.