Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Topic Author

AngularJS tutorials?

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:47 am

So I have to learn about AngularJS. I don't have to learn to write it, but I really need to be able to look at Javascript, recognize a function call, and know what it does. I've worked through the tutorial on the AngularJS website, but I need something more advanced. Anybody have good recs? There are a ton of pages out there that purport to be just this, but I would like to use resources people recognize to not be a waste of time.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Re: AngularJS tutorials?

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Codeschool has a couple that might be decent since you're fairly new to JS as a whole. First one is free and probably won't give you much, as it's likely very simple, but might be worth it to pay the 30 bucks for a month for everything they have anyway.

Udemy has a bunch of stuff that is decent and accompanied by video tutorials, Q and A with instructors, and good instructors.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Techgoudy
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:19 pm

DancinJack wrote:
Codeschool

I second Codeschool. Very well done website with some good information. As a disclaimer I haven't looked at their AngularJS stuff so I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but as stated the first one in their series is free.

https://www.codeschool.com/learn/javascript

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Well that's super. I like it when a consensus can form quickly. Thanks to both of you, I'll check out the JS classes on Codeschool. I've written maybe 1000 lines of JS code in my life (and half of those are alerts that show me values for debugging purposes, which I comment out later on), so I have plenty to learn.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Redocbew
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:45 pm

console.log is your friend. That way you can leave those lines in there and forget to take them out. :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Codecademy might work for you as well, but I don't know how much of their course is for newcomers.

morphine
TR Staff

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Redocbew wrote:
console.log is your friend. That way you can leave those lines in there and forget to take them out. :P

That's so true it's not even funny :'(
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(