Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Legal issues with being on Disablity

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Seems to me it is rather premature to be worrying about stuff like this. For now, stay focused on learning useful skills, and try not to let highly unlikely worst-case "What if?" scenarios distract you from that.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:23 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Seems to me it is rather premature to be worrying about stuff like this. For now, stay focused on learning useful skills, and try not to let highly unlikely worst-case "What if?" scenarios distract you from that.

That sounds like good advice. Yeah I should do that. I do have enough trouble with staying focused without having to deal with future concerns that may not even be something to worry about at all.

Thanks guys. As it is now, it will take awhile for me to even be able to write short and simple programs that are useful.

Vhalidictes
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 am

whm1974 wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

That sounds like good advice. Yeah I should do that. I do have enough trouble with staying focused without having to deal with future concerns that may not even be something to worry about at all.

Thanks guys. As it is now, it will take awhile for me to even be able to write short and simple programs that are useful.

whm1974, I am super-wary of providing medical advice over the Internet for someone I don't know... but your posts remind me of my family member more and more.

We all spent decades knowing that major depression was an issue, so they weren't diagnosed with ADHD until their 50's... which was a huge component of their issues. You might want to get checked for that if you've never been.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Vhalidictes wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

whm1974, I am super-wary of providing medical advice over the Internet for someone I don't know... but your posts remind me of my family member more and more.

We all spent decades knowing that major depression was an issue, so they weren't diagnosed with ADHD until their 50's... which was a huge component of their issues. You might want to get checked for that if you've never been.

I may check into that. Thanks.

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Vhalidictes wrote:

I was diagnosed with that when I was young when I never even had it. Probably caused a lot of the problems I have now.

I don't know how common ADHD is or isn't really but a lot of it just seemed like **** back then.
Meow.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

LostCat wrote:
Vhalidictes wrote:

I was diagnosed with that when I was young when I never even had it. Probably caused a lot of the problems I have now.

I don't know how common ADHD is or isn't really but a lot of it just seemed like **** back then.

From the stuff I've heard and read(taken with a shaker of salt) I have often wondered if schools were just putting kids on SSI just to get more funding from the State/Feds. Or their parents were committing fraud.