Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, just brew it!

CampinCarl
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

TR Version of AnandTech's 'Bench'?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey, so, I have a thought/question. I don't visit AnandTech very often, but did today on a whim. I noticed they have this really neat thing to compare two products on the benchmarks they were both subjected to. Has there been any talks to do something similar for TR? I do realize it seems TR changes their base configurations more often than AnandTech, but it could still be a useful tool. Has there been talks to do this before, and was passed over for good reasons?

It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to work out. Taking data from a spreadsheet (even easier if they're all formatted the same) and then pumping it into a MySQL or SQL database isn't difficult (I've done it numerous times in Java), and from there it's all web-utility development (JavaScript? Python? Not familiar with this end of software development) to pull the data and display it.
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming-3 | R7 1700X | 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (@DDR4-2933)| Samsung 960 Evo 1TB SSD | Gigabyte GTX1080 | Win 10 Pro x86-64

SpartanCaptain
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: TR Version of AnandTech's 'Bench'?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

They dont have a normal graph to do so right now. To get the info from TR you would have to open up all the seperate benchmarks.
If they could get a compare page set up that would be very helpful.