Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Refurbished Shuttle Barebones XPC Model SN45G

Sun May 09, 2004 10:26 am

Wasn't sure if this was for here or the bargain basement. Probably fits in both. I got the above mentioned product from newegg(I wouldn't trust refurbed at any other online stores) for $175.40.

Linky...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 10R&depa=0

A little research shows that this baby runs $240 brand new. Thats almost enough saved to get another XP2500+! :o

Anyway. I have been looking longingly at many SFF's for quite some time. I wanted a nforce2 model but they were often well above $200. Thats a lot to pay for what is essentially a case and mobo(for me anyway). Saw this on Friday night and pulled the trigger.

The only thing I am worried about is that the Barebone descriptions say that all cables and accessories will not be supplied. I am fine with no cables (I have enough IDE's to tie together and escape from a three story window already.) I figure I can get all the drivers from the Shuttle site so I dont care about the cd either. Same for the manual.

I AM worried about the Heatpipe and the cables that connect to the front ports(USB, Mic, and Headphones.) I can only imagine someone keeping that heatpipe for their very own before returning it.

On to my question...Has anyone had any experience with refurbed SFF? Shuttle's in particular? I am not super worried about the front port cables but I am apprehensive about that beautiful heatpipe being missing. What does everyone think? About the deal as well? If everything works out fine I'll let you guys know. Here's hoping. :D

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Mon May 10, 2004 4:27 pm

I know this is a much less traveled path here at TR so I thought I would...

BUMP

Brap
Gerbil XP

Mon May 10, 2004 4:51 pm

I don't know about Newegg (I live in Holland) but the reviews about BB's I seen show that the Shuttles are very nice.

If you buy with warranty you can't go wrong can you?
If it works,I might buy one...

brainchild786
Gerbil Elite

Mon May 10, 2004 5:37 pm

I highly doubt someone would take out the cables for the front ports. That would require quite a lot of work for little gain really. As for the heatpipe it should be included if Newegg is selling it as the offcial product. Cant you email or phone them and find out?
Easily Distracted Genius