I'm currently researching a small form factor 'utility' PC, which I'm going to use as a sort of semi-embedded device.
I have the following general requirements:
- Low power consumption
- Low power DC cable
- Dual ethernet ports built in
- Serial port
- 802.11 b/g and maybe even n
- 1 gig ram minimum
- CF hdd, 4 gig minimum, but enough for MS OS + .NET + a minimal app and data footprint
- A small small form factor case (smaller is better)
- A case which can be locked to prevent tampering
- AND OF COURSE, as low a price point as possible
This machine will not have an attached keyboard, mouse or monitor, so it will need to run fine without them.
I can solve some of the items with components, but I've been looking for barebones that meet the requirements, and while I get close, I don't get exact.
Closest fit so far: I have looked at the Jetway JC300-B-J7F4K1G5D on newegg [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107047
All this is really missing is the built in 802.11 and a tamper proof case. Otherwise looks pretty good!
Is this possible?
Any good suggestions?