Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Gilligan
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Converting headphones and/or mic to wireless—bluetooth or RF?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 am

I have used a Logitech G930 for years for gaming, and have loved the wireless freedom. I have recently decided that I no longer enjoy their comfort and decided to buy open-backed Philips SHP9500 headphones, which also sound much better. For a microphone, I ordered a condenser desktop microphone but I may switch to this v-moda Boom mic.

My question for you guys is this: can I adapt these Philips headphones and v-moda boom mic to a powered bluetooth device, which would essentially turn them into a wireless headset? I would envision two options:

OPTION 1: Bluetooth—AptX low latency, class 1 device, battery powered headphone amp, mic input, does this exist? I can't find it...

Something like this bluetooth headphone amp? I don't think this particular device will do the trick because it only has mic-in while connected to the computer (I think).

OPTION 2: RF—essentially take apart my Logitech G930 and use it to power my new headphones/mic.
If there's a will, there's a way.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Re: Converting headphones and/or mic to wireless—bluetooth or RF?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Looks like the first two here (the BlueAnt Ribbon and the Griffin iTrip Clip) have a mic input, though they're both intended for making calls with phones so I'm not sure how well they'd work for your purpose.