Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Tunai Piano

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 pm

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tuna ... or-sound#/

I have their DRUM headphones and really enjoy the punchy colorful sound they provide. Can't wait to listen to the balanced sound of this Piano.

BIF

Re: Tunai Piano

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:19 pm

I wanted to like these, but really I'm not impressed. Their ad was almost indecipherable. Poor audio on all the people speaking. Ranging from hollow sounding voices to tinny to muffled, to microphones set to very low gain.

The poor quality audio in this ad makes me question if they really know audio at all. Unless they're completely parting out the design, manufacturing, assembly, and testing of the product to an outsourcer. In that case, a good outsourcer could possibly still put out a decent product regardless of the advert.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Tunai Piano??

Well, they clearly can't Tuna Fish.

Try the veal.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

synthtel2
Gerbil Elite

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm

That's too much marketing copy and none of it really seems that convincing. In particular, dual drivers seem likely to hurt perf/$ at this price point rather than helping it.

It doesn't look balanced, it looks generally more Grado-like, except Grados can be easily modded back towards neutral and these can't. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but the marketing and product don't appear to quite match up.

The whole concept of optimizing headphones for particular types of music doesn't sit well with me, even if there is a credible case to be made for it at $60.

Bobs_Your_Uncle
Gerbil

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm

BIF wrote:
I wanted to like these, but really I'm not impressed. Their ad was almost indecipherable. Poor audio on all the people speaking. Ranging from hollow sounding voices to tinny to muffled, to microphones set to very low gain.

The poor quality audio in this ad makes me question if they really know audio at all. Unless they're completely parting out the design, manufacturing, assembly, and testing of the product to an outsourcer. In that case, a good outsourcer could possibly still put out a decent product regardless of the advert.

I'm with you on the generally very poor audio quality of comments by the "person-on-the-street" earphone testers, but I also thought it quite odd that the voice-over narration in a couple of the videos is a computer generated voice!? :-?

Igor_Kavinski
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Any idea why they switched to Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter?

Anyway, don't really understand the skepticism so far. Their previous Drum headphones have more than 70% 5-star ratings on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Tunai-Creative-D ... B0763KZSKP

Unless you are an audiophile, these headphones will sound good to the average ear.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:54 am

Captain Ned wrote:
Tunai Piano??

Well, they clearly can't Tuna Fish.

Try the veal.

Thank you for reading my mind.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen