Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

I'm stumped. Win7 x64 + HT Omega Striker > No sound line in

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Been working on this since yesterday.
Some body please point me in the right direction.
What am I missing?
There is no sound from my line in.
I have the latest Win7 x64 drivers from HT Omega's web site.
What I"m trying to do is turn table > phono preamp > RCA/stereo mini plug > sound card

I've been here. Nothing is muted.

I've tried Default Playback Device.

I've tried Playback through Speakers.

Not muted.

If I check Listen to this Device

I get this. Muted.

Can it be this? No jack information available.
It's the same 3.5mm mini jack I used with my mobo's onboard sound before I got this sound card.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Re: I'm stumped. Win7 x64 + HT Omega Striker > No sound line

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Are you certain the problem is on the pc's end. Have you tried using something else on that input line instead. Have you tried any other devices allowing such an input to verify the signal is successfully passing through your setup.

Also i'm curious about whether or not you tried messing with the settings in their custom application included with the drivers.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Heiwashin wrote:
Are you certain the problem is on the pc's end. Have you tried using something else on that input line instead. Have you tried any other devices allowing such an input to verify the signal is successfully passing through your setup.

Also i'm curious about whether or not you tried messing with the settings in their custom application included with the drivers.

It's either the card or a setting in Windows that I'm missing.
The Striker control panel is set up correctly.
I have nothing else to check that input with.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 pm

IAmGhostDog wrote:

What makes you confident of that is what i'm wondering. Have you used the output from your turntable setup, in it's current state, on another device such as a set of speakers. As for further examining the card, it's worth using maybe a cell phones headphone output with a male-to-male wire that could be picked up for a few dollars from walmart. That's what i would do anyway. As it is i haven't seen anything proving the signal is even making it to the card.

Secondly i just overthought your last few points in the op. Are you saying you're using the same input jack on the motherboard? You should be using the one on the back of the card. Wording just looks a little ambiguous to me.

And have you tried using the microphone input instead to see if it offers any results?
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

potatochobit
Gerbil Elite

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 pm

very simple to diagnose if the card is bad
just plug sometihng else to your line in, a mp3 player, video game, iphone, anything

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT PLUGGED INTO THE RIGHT PORT ON THE BACK OF THE CARD
I have the same card and I know the markings on the gold plate are hard to read, line in is the 2nd port
make sure your recording program, audacity, whatever is set up properly
also, play with these settings, though they mostly apply to spdif input
reinstall xear 3D and make sure your settings are correct
if you can't get it to work, contact HT omega directly

morphine
TR Staff

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:54 am

That seems to have a very similar chipset to my Xonar. Two things that have happened to me in the past regarding input selection:

1) The C--Media control panel overrides whatever you've picked in Windows.
2) Sometimes, I had to select another input and then select line-in back. Go figure. Took me ages to find that one out.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Heiwashin wrote:
IAmGhostDog wrote:

What makes you confident of that is what i'm wondering. Have you used the output from your turntable setup, in it's current state, on another device such as a set of speakers. As for further examining the card, it's worth using maybe a cell phones headphone output with a male-to-male wire that could be picked up for a few dollars from walmart. That's what i would do anyway. As it is i haven't seen anything proving the signal is even making it to the card.

Secondly i just overthought your last few points in the op. Are you saying you're using the same input jack on the motherboard? You should be using the one on the back of the card. Wording just looks a little ambiguous to me.

And have you tried using the microphone input instead to see if it offers any results?

What I did today.
I received a link to another set of drivers from Jason @ HT Omega Support.
Downloaded, installed. Same result. No sound > Line in.
Hooked up my Line6 POD w/¼" > mini plug adapter Result: No sound.

You did over think it. I used my turn table set up for two days with onboard sound line in with no issues.
I am attempting to use turn table set up with line in port on my sound card.
And I tried to use mic in with same result: No sound.

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Well with the fact that your problem isn't a common problem i would assume it's hardware related at this point. How hard would it be to turn it around in an RMA?
When drunk.....

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

potatochobit wrote:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT PLUGGED INTO THE RIGHT PORT ON THE BACK OF THE CARD
I have the same card and I know the markings on the gold plate are hard to read, line in is the 2nd port

Bingo
I am so embarrassed.
I was using port #5 instead of port #2
Speakers are in #3 and #4
2 days and it was the wrong port. My oh my.
I knew it had to be something simple.
Thanks to all for help and guidance.
My cudo's go to Jason @ HT Omega tech support.
Emails were answered within hours of sending.
Once again. Many thanks.
Listening to some Ry Cooder as I type.