Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Shmeal
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Re: Need input on speaker system

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally decided on what I was going to get. Due to huge AVS forum feedback on why I should not get fluance speakers, I decided to go with the following items,

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/ ... ite_search

http://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?pro ... &ext_war=1

Now I just need speaker stands. Has anyone used these before?

http://www.amazon.com/SANUS-SYSTEMS-BF- ... 597&sr=8-2

morphine
TR Staff

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 am

Shmeal wrote:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally decided on what I was going to get. Due to huge AVS forum feedback on why I should not get fluance speakers, I decided to go with the following items,

That's some sweet gear.

By the way, why shouldn't you get Fluence speakers? What did the AVS guys say?
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Shmeal
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 pm

morphine wrote:
Shmeal wrote:

That's some sweet gear.

By the way, why shouldn't you get Fluence speakers? What did the AVS guys say?

They said that while the Fluance floor speakers are nice, the center channel is too weak. The Jamos floors were better than the Fluance floors and that the matching center channel did the floor speakers justice. Since they are discounted a huge amount, the Jamos fit perfectly into my budget as well.

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm not getting the sub yet, but I will probably get a BIC F12 in the next few weeks/month.

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
Yes, it is indeed Handel. People call it the "Hallelujah Chorus," but it's basically a small snippet from a much larger work, Handel's Messiah.

Which is still an annual community Christmas event in my old home town. Sang in it a few times myself back in the high school days. And yes, for some reason, everyone still stands for the Hallelujah Chorus (has to do with some tone-deaf British King IIRC).

I always heard the legend as that the King of England stood during that movement during the first performance, so that's why we do it, but I don't know if that's true of just a legend.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III