Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Having issues glitching/choppiness in games after upgrades

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am

The issue: Post Upgrade from Z170+6700k to X99+6900k, my frame rate has gone Down instead of Up. Also seeing glitching or choppiness every second or two.
Basically, when playing games I was getting 140 FPS, now I'm getting 130 down to the low 40s. It's not consistent, and it's like playing on an old 45Hz monitor. (I have a 144Hz monitor, set to 144Hz.)

Here's what I have: ASUS X99 -A2 MoBo, i7-6900k, 16GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4, GTX1080 FTW. Thermaltake 650W PSU
What I had previously: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming7 MoBo, i7-6700k 4.0GHz, 16GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4, GTX1080 FTW. EVGA 850W PSU
240GB SSD, 1TB HDD.
Using an ASUS MG279Q (27") Monitor for gaming 1440p @144Hz refresh rate. Also with a second monitor, ASUS 24" 1080 @60Hz. (I used these with both builds, and the same capacity, so nothing has changed for the graphics set up.)
The only thing that changed was the Mobo, Proc, and PSU.
I've gone through the manual several times. I have everything connected properly. I've updated the BIOS for the MoBo, and updated any Drivers I may have needed.

With the 6700 build I was getting 140 FPS down to the high 90s, very consistently in Heroes & Generals. (The F7 key allows you to see your FPS and Ping)
With the 6900 build I'm getting from 40's to 130 FPS, and it's very glitchy, and lots of FPS drops, and even some pauses like I'm having graphics lag.
I have no idea why. Right now I'm ready to box up the 6900 and X99 board and take them back to the store at this point.
Is the MoBo bad?
Is the Processor "stupid"?
Is the system bottlenecked?
I'm clueless. I've come here for help.
Thanks.

Also worth noting. I upgraded this system to create a better Streaming environment. I was experiencing some game lag, and stream lag when Playing and Streaming on the same machine, while also viewing the stream to maintain the stream quality. When either the game, or the stream suffered, I figured a CPU upgrade from 4 Cores to 8 would fix it. While some things have improved slightly, I'm now experiencing the gaming aspect quality has gone crappy. Even when not streaming. I can't stream when it looks like this. I'm ready to go back to the previous build and start over.

Noinoi
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Having issues glitching/choppiness in games after upgrades

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:26 am

Um, CPU cooler? There's no information on that. Did you overclock the 6900K, too? Smells like it's not the GPU, but might be CPU-related stalling or throttling. You able to get temp and CPU clock/throttling data? HWiNFO is good at that - it even will read you flags for thermal throttling and similar.

Note that the 6900K does have a 800 MHz deficit in addition to using an older uArch compared to the 6700K, though even then it shouldn't result in extremely poor minimums. I suspect your CPU cooler might have contact issues of some sort, be it poor mounting or poor paste application (usually for "too little", but you never know)

I'm going to assume you reinstalled Windows as the platform swap involves a motherboard change. Have you also used Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers then reinstalling the latest possible stuff?
[email protected] | Patriot 2x16GB | Asus GTX 970 | Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi | Intel 660p 512GB + Kingston Fury 240GB + 2x4TB WD HDDs | Win 10

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 am

CPU Cooler is a Hyper212 Tower Cooler w/Fan. I put the cooler tower on there, with ample paste. Removed it, set it back on there after checking the paste. The temps all looked nominal.
When I ran the Heaven Benchmark it never got over 71C. The Fan spun up properly like it's supposed to.
I don't manually Overclock anything.
There were no alarms or anything overheating. I looked.

No, I didn't uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia drivers. I will attempt that. I didn't even think of that since everything was staying the same except for the Proc/Mobo/PSU. That's me assuming everything would transfer over "perfectly" - if that's the right verbage?
Thank you.

ptsant
Gerbil XP

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:36 am

Sarversauce wrote:
The issue: Post Upgrade from Z170+6700k to X99+6900k, my frame rate has gone Down instead of Up. Also seeing glitching or choppiness every second or two.
Basically, when playing games I was getting 140 FPS, now I'm getting 130 down to the low 40s. It's not consistent, and it's like playing on an old 45Hz monitor. (I have a 144Hz monitor, set to 144Hz.)

Here's what I have: ASUS X99 -A2 MoBo, i7-6900k, 16GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4, GTX1080 FTW. Thermaltake 650W PSU
What I had previously: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming7 MoBo, i7-6700k 4.0GHz, 16GB Vengeance 3200 DDR4, GTX1080 FTW. EVGA 850W PSU
240GB SSD, 1TB HDD.
Using an ASUS MG279Q (27") Monitor for gaming 1440p @144Hz refresh rate. Also with a second monitor, ASUS 24" 1080 @60Hz. (I used these with both builds, and the same capacity, so nothing has changed for the graphics set up.)
I've gone through the manual several times. I have everything connected properly. I've updated the BIOS for the MoBo, and updated any Drivers I may have needed.

With the 6700 build I was getting 140 FPS down to the high 90s, very consistently in Heroes & Generals. (The F7 key allows you to see your FPS and Ping)
With the 6900 build I'm getting from 40's to 130 FPS, and it's very glitchy, and lots of FPS drops, and even some pauses like I'm having graphics lag.
I have no idea why. Right now I'm ready to box up the 6900 and X99 board and take them back to the store at this point.
Is the MoBo bad?
Thanks.

Also worth noting. I upgraded this system to create a better Streaming environment. I was experiencing some game lag, and stream lag when Playing and Streaming on the same machine, while also viewing the stream to maintain the stream quality. When either the game, or the stream suffered, I figured a CPU upgrade from 4 Cores to 8 would fix it. While some things have improved slightly, I'm now experiencing the gaming aspect quality has gone crappy. Even when not streaming. I can't stream when it looks like this. I'm ready to go back to the previous build and start over.

This is almost certainly a software issue. Something in the software task interrupts the CPU. Frequent culprits are misbehaved drivers (Audio? Net?) or other devices.

Try unplugging a maximum of devices (printers, webcams, whatever) and disable anything that isn't necessary (in the BIOS or in Windows). Do disable the LAN and the Audio. Then recheck. Try other games, try beta drivers.

Finally, I think you'll get more success streaming with the integrated encoder of the GPU, instead of using the CPU. It's made for that specific task.

DPete27
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:17 am

Probably not responsible for the entire problem, but you did sacrifice 15% clockspeed going from the 6700K to the 6900K. Many games care more about IPC/Clockspeed than >4 cores.
Main: i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, MSI RX480 8G, 500GB Crucial BX100, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 16GB 1600MHz G.Skill @1.25V, EVGA 550-G2, Silverstone PS07B
HTPC: A8-5600K, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53, 4TB Seagate SSHD, 8GB 1866MHz G.Skill, Crosley D-25 Case Mod

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:08 am

ptsant wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

240GB SSD, 1TB HDD.

Is the MoBo bad?
Thanks.

This is almost certainly a software issue. Something in the software task interrupts the CPU. Frequent culprits are misbehaved drivers (Audio? Net?) or other devices.

Try unplugging a maximum of devices (printers, webcams, whatever) and disable anything that isn't necessary (in the BIOS or in Windows). Do disable the LAN and the Audio. Then recheck. Try other games, try beta drivers.

Finally, I think you'll get more success streaming with the integrated encoder of the GPU, instead of using the CPU. It's made for that specific task.

Ah, yes! Thank you. Will test again.
Also, would reinstalling Windows 10 or "Repairing" it possibly help the issue? It was also mentioned was uninstalling drivers entirely, and then reinstalling them.
Is there anything else I should consider?
Thank you for the info. about the Encoders.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:22 am

DPete27 wrote:
Probably not responsible for the entire problem, but you did sacrifice 15% clockspeed going from the 6700K to the 6900K. Many games care more about IPC/Clockspeed than >4 cores.

Thank you, duly noted.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:13 am

I just found that the Network settings required a little digging.
I went in and found that the Adapter Setting was only 1gb.
It's now set to 100Gb, like it should have been in the first place.
Seeing if this fixes my issue.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:16 am

Sarversauce wrote:

It did not fix the issue, however I'm sure it'll help in the long run with Streaming.
It's already helped with loading web pages faster.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:18 am

Removed All the Nvidia software except the current GPU Driver. Including PhysX.
Performance improved and everything was smooth.
I'm going to uninstall the driver entirely and then reinstall it.
I found that that there were actually Two different drivers (different versions, one current, and one slightly older) in the Uninstall List. I removed them all but the current one.
I will also continue this process with Sound Drivers as well.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:18 am

Drivers (as mentioned) are the most likely culprit. If you can't isolate the problem it may even warrant reintstalling the OS clean. On that Asus board I would say the following drivers are most likely to be the problem:

1) Asmedia USB3 - disable the Asmedia controller in the BIOS, there should be plenty of native USB3 ports driven by the Intel chipset to eliminate it without sacrificing anything.
2) Realtek Audio drivers branded by ASUS. Don't even use non-Asus drivers direct from Realtek, just use the default Microsoft HD Audio device driver that comes with Windows.
3) Intel Chipset driver - get the latest from Intel and not the outdated one that came with the board on a disc.

The second thing that often affects minimum framerate is memory configuration. Check your timings, try the XMP profile in the BIOS if you aren't already using it, and check that you have both sticks of RAM seated properly. If you run into any problems during this stage run Memtestx86 from a bootable USB drive.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

just brew it!
Administrator

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:31 am

Sarversauce wrote:

There is no 100Gb setting on your motherboard's network interface, 100Gb network cards are high-end datacenter gear and cost upwards of $1,000. There's a 100Mb setting (10x slower than 1Gb). Is that what you just set it to?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:55 am

just brew it! wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

There is no 100Gb setting on your motherboard's network interface, 100Gb network cards are high-end datacenter gear and cost upwards of $1,000. There's a 100Mb setting (10x slower than 1Gb). Is that what you just set it to?

LOL! Yes! Sorry, totally screwed the pooch on that one. It is indeed 100Mbps. NOT 100Gb.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 am

Chrispy_ wrote:
Drivers (as mentioned) are the most likely culprit. If you can't isolate the problem it may even warrant reintstalling the OS clean. On that Asus board I would say the following drivers are most likely to be the problem:

1) Asmedia USB3 - disable the Asmedia controller in the BIOS, there should be plenty of native USB3 ports driven by the Intel chipset to eliminate it without sacrificing anything.
2) Realtek Audio drivers branded by ASUS. Don't even use non-Asus drivers direct from Realtek, just use the default Microsoft HD Audio device driver that comes with Windows.
3) Intel Chipset driver - get the latest from Intel and not the outdated one that came with the board on a disc.

The second thing that often affects minimum framerate is memory configuration. Check your timings, try the XMP profile in the BIOS if you aren't already using it, and check that you have both sticks of RAM seated properly. If you run into any problems during this stage run Memtestx86 from a bootable USB drive.

If the issue persists I will do these.
I'm thinking about doing them anyway.
I'm fairly certain a Chipset update would help, regardless.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:15 am

Chrispy_ wrote:

I just went ahead and uninstalled Asmedia.
Also uninstalled a couple other things I didn't need/want.
RAM was checked and is seated properly.
The Chipset Drivers are up to date as well.
Thanks for the help!

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 am

You'll need to do more than just uninstall the Asmedia drivers from Windows. You'll need to disable the ASMedia USB controller from the motherboard and make sure you're not using the Asmedia ports on the board. You'll know which ports they are because they'll be the ones that don't work once the controller is disabled.

You don't need to permanently disable the Asmedia controller, this is just a troubleshooting step to see if the problem is caused by the Asmedia controller.
I've seen multiple issues affecting DSP latency and game performance caused by having the game installed on an external SSD over Asmedia, as well as using USB headset in an Asmedia port.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

DPete27
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:24 am

Sarversauce wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

LOL! Yes! Sorry, totally screwed the pooch on that one. It is indeed 100Mbps. NOT 100Gb.

Just to clairfy JBI's point. If it was set to 1Gbps initially, that's faster than the 100Mbps you currently have it set to. You should revert to the original setting. (not that it will matter for anything besides cross-network transfers anyway...unless you have >100Mpbs internet service. I guess that's possible, albeit unlikely)
Main: i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, MSI RX480 8G, 500GB Crucial BX100, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 16GB 1600MHz G.Skill @1.25V, EVGA 550-G2, Silverstone PS07B
HTPC: A8-5600K, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53, 4TB Seagate SSHD, 8GB 1866MHz G.Skill, Crosley D-25 Case Mod

just brew it!
Administrator

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

My Comcast connection tops out at about 110Mbps...

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:58 am

DPete27 wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:
just brew it! wrote:

Just to clairfy JBI's point. If it was set to 1Gbps initially, that's faster than the 100Mbps you currently have it set to. You should revert to the original setting. (not that it will matter for anything besides cross-network transfers anyway...unless you have >100Mpbs internet service. I guess that's possible, albeit unlikely)

You didn't need to elaborate. I understand my mistake and the differences.
The initial setting was only 1mbps. I set it to 100mbps.
The Packets Must Flow!

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Chrispy_ wrote:
You'll need to do more than just uninstall the Asmedia drivers from Windows. You'll need to disable the ASMedia USB controller from the motherboard and make sure you're not using the Asmedia ports on the board. You'll know which ports they are because they'll be the ones that don't work once the controller is disabled.

You don't need to permanently disable the Asmedia controller, this is just a troubleshooting step to see if the problem is caused by the Asmedia controller.
I've seen multiple issues affecting DSP latency and game performance caused by having the game installed on an external SSD over Asmedia, as well as using USB headset in an Asmedia port.

Gotcha! I'll make sure to disable them. Fortunately I don't have anything else connected via USB at this time. Once this troubleshooting and problem solving is "Done", meaning, once I've done all the things and tested it at every step and I'm satisfied that there's no longer an issue, I'll go back and connect things as need-be, and again test the machine every time.
TBH though, I didn't think it would be this difficult to deal with.
Thank you.

just brew it!
Administrator

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Sarversauce wrote:
DPete27 wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

The Packets Must Flow!

There's no 1Mbps setting either. The speeds supported by a typical (consumer) NIC are 10Mbps 100Mbps, and 1Gbps. 1Gbps is the one you want. If setting it to 1Gbps seems to be slowing your connection down, then either your LAN port is bad, or you have a defective (or years out-of-date) Ethernet cable that can't handle 1Gbps.

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm

JBI wrote:
There's no 1Mbps setting either.

Yeah, that's ...really strange.

It's certainly not IEEE 802.3.

If that setting even existed for the card (which popped out of a portal from some sort of bizarro universe or something), the switch can't negotiate that. It couldn't work.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Ok, so the discussion has gone off topic. Instead of my issue, it's now about my connection.
When I looked at it, it said 1Mb. Not Gb, which is listed as a setting choice in the Speed & Duplex drop down menu.
I apologize for my typos.
However, it said "1Mb". Which I found odd myself. It's not listed in the Speed & Duplex list. So I thought "Huh, that's not right... WTF is it only 1?? I looked at each option, knowing my connection from the Router to the machine, at least, could handle 100Mbps, I chose that option.

Of course, since you guys are so on top of what I've written, you're familiar with the list in Speed & Duplex.
If we want to create a new topic about my connection oddity, that's fine, but that's not my concern.
It didn't say "1Gb", because I might have just left it on that. The first time I looked in the Network settings, because I noticed my crappy connection speed, I noticed how slowly pages loaded, so I did a Speedtest. The Results were 110Mbps lower than it should be. I was simply guessing that (the 1Mb) was a Default setting based on the fact I hadn't done anything with/to it out of the box yet.

What I don't understand about it is WHY it would say that. I had assumed with these modern MoBos and chipsets that it would be a standardized number based on optimal throughput once detected by Windows or what ever software governs that. Maybe I'm giving developers too much credit?
It doesn't matter. That issue is fixed, regardless.
I do appreciate everyone's concern.
Last edited by Sarversauce on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EndlessWaves
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Sarversauce wrote:
Also, would reinstalling Windows 10 or "Repairing" it possibly help the issue? It was also mentioned was uninstalling drivers entirely, and then reinstalling them.

You didn't do a fresh install on the new motherboard?

Transferring a windows installation between hardware no longer results in instant blue screens but it can still cause problems. It's usually a lot quicker to just reinstall than to track them down.

You could also try the reset option in Windows 10, which is a mostly complete reinstall but leaves your user folders in place so you don't have to restore from backup:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... ry-options

thill9
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:48 pm

I've got a 6700k and a z170 pro gaming motherboard that I started using in January 2016. I was a good boy and used all of the updated drivers and applications prescribed for the motherboard. Games and even mp3s would stutter. Audio would stutter too. Mouse inputs would stutter. I even took out my GTX970 and switched over to onboard video, trying to find the culprit. I then began removing all of the apps that came with the motherboard. The monitoring portion of their AiSuite 3 software apparently polls too often and causes too many conflicts. Blowing this software away took care of my stuttering. I now use the OC from the bios exclusively. While the AiSuite gave good monitoring info, it definitely was not worth having the stuttering issues.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:52 pm

EndlessWaves wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

You didn't do a fresh install on the new motherboard?

Transferring a windows installation between hardware no longer results in instant blue screens but it can still cause problems. It's usually a lot quicker to just reinstall than to track them down.

You could also try the reset option in Windows 10, which is a mostly complete reinstall but leaves your user folders in place so you don't have to restore from backup:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... ry-options

No, that's the last thing I wanted to do.
I actually went and tried to Reset Windows 10, but it told me I would lose the following Apps, which was ALL of them.
So I elected, at least for now, not to do a Reset. If I'm just going to lose all of my apps, I'll just do a fresh installation.
Personally, I think we shouldn't have to do that. Why would we? The OS is still on the same drive. It's still connected to a SATA port. Does it matter that the processor is different? It's still computing 1s and 0s. The OS doesn't care, as far as I know.
If I'm wrong, please tell me and I'll deal with a fresh install.

n00b1e
Gerbil

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Sarversauce wrote:
Ok, so the discussion has gone off topic. Instead of my issue, it's now about my connection.
When I looked at it, it said 1Mb. Not Gb, which is listed as a setting choice in the Speed & Duplex drop down menu.
However, it said "1Mb". Which I found odd myself. It's not listed in the Speed & Duplex list. So I thought "Huh, that's not right... WTF is it only 1?? I looked at each option, knowing my connection from the Router to the machine, at least, could handle 100Mbps, I chose that option.

Of course, since you guys are so on top of what I've written, you're familiar with the list in Speed & Duplex.
If we want to create a new topic about my connection oddity, that's fine, but that's not my concern.
It didn't say "1Gb", because I might have just left it on that. The first time I looked in the Network settings, because I noticed my crappy connection speed, I noticed how slowly pages loaded, so I did a Speedtest. The Results were 110Mbps lower than it should be. I was simply guessing that (the 1Mb) was a Default setting based on the fact I hadn't done anything with/to it out of the box yet.

What I don't understand about it is WHY it would say that. I had assumed with these modern MoBos and chipsets that it would be a standardized number based on optimal throughput once detected by Windows or what ever software governs that. Maybe I'm giving developers too much credit?

Are you 100% sure it says 1Mbps and not 1Gbps in that Speed and Duplex dropdown? Mine lists 1 Gbps Full Duplex, 10 Mbps Full Duplex, 10 Mbps Half Duplex, 100 Mbps Full Duplex, 100 Mbps Half Duples and Auto Negotiation (selected by default on my Windows install).

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:02 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:
DPete27 wrote:

The Packets Must Flow!

There's no 1Mbps setting either. The speeds supported by a typical (consumer) NIC are 10Mbps 100Mbps, and 1Gbps. 1Gbps is the one you want. If setting it to 1Gbps seems to be slowing your connection down, then either your LAN port is bad, or you have a defective (or years out-of-date) Ethernet cable that can't handle 1Gbps.

I went and put it to 1Gb. The speeds are normal, like they should be. I figured why not, since that's not the issue I'm working on.
Yes, 1Gb is what I want, that's for sure. (I'm one of those fortunate people who gets more internet than quoted by the Cable company. I get 170Mbs down Max. and up to 12.1Mbs up. The Up side is horrible compared to what else is offered, but for now in my area that's what we've got to work with... We're also trying to determine if 150/150 fios is actually available in this area, since 4 years ago they put the cables in the ground and advertised it was supposed to be available "soon", yet no one between Verizon dealers and their actual Support people can tell me for sure that we have the 150/150 where I live. I can't get a straight answer. Which sucks, for both of us.)

I'm supposed to get 120Mbs/10Mbs, but often get 150 to 170 on the Down side. The Up never changes but stays between 10 and 12.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm

n00b1e wrote:
Sarversauce wrote:

Are you 100% sure it says 1Mbps and not 1Gbps in that Speed and Duplex dropdown? Mine lists 1 Gbps Full Duplex, 10 Mbps Full Duplex, 10 Mbps Half Duplex, 100 Mbps Full Duplex, 100 Mbps Half Duplex and Auto Negotiation (selected by default on my Windows install).

Like I said, when I looked at the connection the first time, it said (not says) 1Mb.
I changed it to something I knew I should have, to 100mbps.
I have never seen that before.
It did not say 1Gb - I would have left it at that. (and since changing it, my connection speeds have gone back to normal.)
As I also said that "1Mb" isn't even an option in the Speed & Duplex list.
My Speed & Duplex list is the same as yours. Which is why I spoke about the oddity to begin with, regardless of the other errors I may have made in a previous post.

Sarversauce
Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 pm

So, the issue is still happening, but less so.
I'm going to do a full reinstall of the OS and see what that gets me... other than losing everything on the drives.
I'll do a Windows Reset first.