Personal computing discussed

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Klickey
Gerbil

Re: Need a new office chair.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

No matter which chair you buy, just make sure it supports the back by having a curve accordingly to human back. I'm getting backache and my neck hurts because of my office chair. The ladies in my office has the same problem, they keep asking when if ever we would have chairs that are separate for women and men. Have anyone know anything about these?
Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation - Dean Kamen :D

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

Chairs with chest support?
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

dashbarron
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
whm1974 wrote:
Thanks. I'll take a look at HON chairs. I take it that they are pricey?

Yep. Real office chairs at real office prices, but they last forever.

Only like 7 months late to this.

My biggest problem with chairs is the seal or whatever on the cylinders leak and they don't stay up right. Ned, seeing as you and I match similar physiques, you say the HONs don't have this issue?

Captain Ned
Gold subscriber
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:19 pm

dashbarron wrote:
My biggest problem with chairs is the seal or whatever on the cylinders leak and they don't stay up right. Ned, seeing as you and I match similar physiques, you say the HONs don't have this issue?

Every chair finally succumbs to my gravitational field, but the HON lasted longer than any other (that was in my price range).
Death is a side effect of birth.

End User
Gold subscriber
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 pm

If you are going to spend the money on a HON chair then you might as well buy something good.

You don’t want a padded bottom. You want mesh. Buy a remastered Aeron.
1800X | 32GB | 1TB M.2 | Vega 64 + 38UC99-W | RX 480 + U2711
1950X | 64GB | 500 GB M.2 | 1 TB M.2 | 1 TB M.2 | GTX 1080 + XB271HU | GTX 1060 + U2713H

dashbarron
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:43 am

End User wrote:
If you are going to spend the money on a HON chair then you might as well buy something good.

You don’t want a padded bottom. You want mesh. Buy a remastered Aeron.

It's weird.

I started with those plush "executive" chairs with lots of padding and they all took a big beating by year 3. I finally stepped up to a higher grade mesh chair and it has definitely lasted longer, maybe year 5 now? It's hard to tell, but it feels more supportive but less comfortable, if that makes sense? The plushness of the cheapos feel great, but much like a hooker deep down it feels kind of vapid and void.

Keeping these in mind when it's time to upgrade. Computer first, then chair :)

And thanks Ned.