Personal computing discussed

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

 
Redocbew
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Glorious wrote:
But that was completely and utterly make-believe.


As is the RDF that seems to cling to mining in general these days. :P

Glorious wrote:
Russia isn't really known to be non-trivially involved...?


Hmm, I remember seeing headlines about Russia looking to build one of these megafarms for mining, but I guess that never happened. So much the better, if that's the case.

Glorious wrote:
I'm not trying to pick on you, but these kinds of claims are typical coiner canards that drive me crazy.


Yeah, that's kind of where I was headed there. I don't remember if it was this thread or the other one, but if someone wants to treat mining as a hobby and be casually interested in it I don't see a problem with that. However, once the RDF sets in it all just becomes a big mess, and possibly quite dangerous.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:55 pm

mudcore wrote:
In some ways he's right. It's just that suddenly people jumped a couple steps up the ladder and now he's pissed off because the institutions and systems he places faith in have lost all trust by the masses. Doesn't understand the mind set or impetus.


I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you don't have access to R&P instead of chalking this piece of hilarity up to painfully obvious functional illiteracy:

You don't know the first thing about my insanely heterodox sociopolitical beliefs, OK? So it's best if you don't ignorantly speculate about them, because while you don't realize how badly wrong you are, any other poster here who is familiar with me does.

tl;dr: don't goad me.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Glorious wrote:
mudcore wrote:
In some ways he's right. It's just that suddenly people jumped a couple steps up the ladder and now he's pissed off because the institutions and systems he places faith in have lost all trust by the masses. Doesn't understand the mind set or impetus.


I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you don't have access to R&P instead of chalking this piece of hilarity up to painfully obvious functional illiteracy:

You don't know the first thing about my insanely heterodox sociopolitical beliefs, OK? So it's best if you don't ignorantly speculate about them, because while you don't realize how badly wrong you are, any other poster here who is familiar with me does.

tl;dr: don't goad me.


Ah, you're just super angry. I get it. You've missed out from the sidelines on a lot of things, eh?
 
Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3411
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:47 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Glorious wrote:
Convert wrote:
I just see the same scams repeat with a slightly different packaging.


Yes, but the analogy to what you are saying here is that beanie babies would have been reincarnated as "Cutey Children".

It wasn't. There were plenty of wannabe Ty Warners who I am sure tried, but it didn't take off.

Yes, the same basic scam/bubble/whatever does indeed repeat ever so often, but the difference involved is always a little more substantial than naive re-branding.

I get what you are saying, but: analogies suck (and that's to both of us, as I was guilty of saying "just like REAL money")

I will gladly say that history wouldn't repeat 100% exactly, and especially overnight, but it will nonetheless repeat. It may not be all the same people, and it may not reach 14k coins again, but I personally don't see it being too far off what it is today with given the same amount of time. I'll even coin it; The Second Coining. I'll buy you a beer with real money when it doesn't happen, deal? (you gotta buy me two if it happens and they use my title though)
Last edited by Convert on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm

mudcore wrote:
Ah, you're just super angry. I get it. You've missed out from the sidelines on a lot of things, eh?


Honestly, I'm clearly just way too dumb to ever be a success in crypto. I'm too old, too deeply enmeshed in the past (I regularly use a real, honest-to-god, serial terminal at home Vt510 <- that one, with a model M attached to it even [no MMJ here]). I scowl at smartphones, and when I see all those trading displays it's all noise to me: Random. Walk right on by, I must, because I just don't understand all that complicated technical analysis. Again, I'm just way too dumb.

So when I see all your brave captains of industry with your gainz, yeah, I know I could never match your level, no matter how hard I tried.

Yup. Eternally FOMO here bemoaning the chads.

That's me.

Does such an acknowledgement keep you warm at night? :wink:
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Glorious wrote:
mudcore wrote:
Ah, you're just super angry. I get it. You've missed out from the sidelines on a lot of things, eh?


Honestly, I'm clearly just way too dumb to ever be a success in crypto. I'm too old, too deeply enmeshed in the past (I regularly use a real, honest-to-god, serial terminal at home Vt510 <- that one, with a model M attached to it even [no MMJ here]). I scowl at smartphones, and when I see all those trading displays it's all noise to me: Random. Walk right on by, I must, because I just don't understand all that complicated technical analysis. Again, I'm just way too dumb.

So when I see all your brave captains of industry with your gainz, yeah, I know I could never match your level, no matter how hard I tried.

Yup. Eternally FOMO here bemoaning the chads.

That's me.

Does such an acknowledgement keep you warm at night? :wink:


You're not dumb, we've been over this. You probably do suffer a lot from FOMO but primarily because of the same reasons you keep repeating the same tired loop here.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 pm

mudcore wrote:
You're not dumb, we've been over this. You probably do suffer a lot from FOMO but primarily because of the same reasons you keep repeating the same tired loop here.


Yes.

All those people who don't like you just are jealous because they aren't you.

That's it.

What a way to live!
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Glorious wrote:
mudcore wrote:
You're not dumb, we've been over this. You probably do suffer a lot from FOMO but primarily because of the same reasons you keep repeating the same tired loop here.


Yes.

All those people who don't like you just are jealous because they aren't you.

That's it.

What a way to live!


Your posts are not a result of your knowledge or intelligence being used to form a coherent argument. They're out of anger, fueled in this case likely by jealously or some similar base source. That all you do is attack strawmen is an indicator. It makes sense that you'd be angry having in some way been bested by groups of people you strongly believe to be idiots.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 pm

mudcore wrote:
Your posts are not a result of your knowledge or intelligence being used to form a coherent argument.


What part of my argument is incoherent?

Please, cite it. I'll try to explain it to you in terms you might be able to understand.

Of course, you're not going to do that, are you? No, you'll go back to the empty hand-waving that has characterized all of your input here: You just can't be wrong, no, look:

"Its absurd to try talking about something this new and evolving with literally no over riding structure, rule set, "fundamental principles," etc. with someone who refuses to even acknowledge this. It cracks me up."

^
|

That is you pretending that no one can say anything about any of this, because :roll: it's absurd to even try talking about it.

Fine. Shut up then: If someone is spouting negatively-inflected gibberish the proper response isn't to start shouting positively-inflecting gibberish. The latter is actually crazier than the former, isn't it?

mudcore wrote:
They're out of anger, fueled in this case likely by jealously or some similar base source.


Again, you seriously think that everyone who doesn't like you secretly just wants to be you, huh?

I mean, you're so incredibly great, aren't you?

mudcore wrote:
That all you do is attack strawmen is an indicator.


What strawman have I attacked?

Once again, you are the genius who "cracked up" at the idea that people can even talk about this at all. You flatly stated that any discussion of this topic was absurd.

I mean, do you honestly, seriously not understand that? You just said that you were right, I was wrong, and it is absurd to even discuss it. Then you said you laughed.

That isn't even an argumentative fallacy dude, that's you DIRECTLY saying your beliefs are above *ANY* argument and the very idea that your beliefs could even be discussed is laughable

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

mudcore wrote:
It makes sense that you'd be angry having in some way been bested by groups of people you strongly believe to be idiots.


Actually, I have no idea what I'd even do with a lambo or any of your sort's obnoxious desires, but either way, you don't actually have one, do you?

If you do, please try not to kill yourself with it. You might harm someone else.

---

EDIT: To be clear, I don't like you because you act like a jack@$!. The fact that coiners like yourself cannot even contemplate that your actions and behaviors are what lead people into dislike for you or your interests is just another unfortunate aspect of your incredible self-delusion.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm

LOL you know I am not talking about Lambos or money dude, it's about your ego. You're doing the strawman decoy loop, once again. You know what my point was, hence you have to deflect using a decoy because that's easier on your ego.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 pm

mudcore wrote:
LOL you know I am not talking about Lambos or money dude, it's about your ego. You're doing the strawman decoy loop, once again. You know what my point was, hence you have to deflect using a decoy because that's easier on your ego.


1) You keep talking about me, not your argument or even mine.

2) The only "point" you made was that it was absurd to talk about this. :roll: I directly quoted you explicitly saying that.

3) If 1 & 2 are in any way wrong (which they aren't), please restate this "point" of yours that I'm deflecting from.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Well that's easy. You stated:

Or what if he's willing to accept litecoin, but doesn't have that particular wallet ready? It'll take him like a day to sync it from scratch


This isn't true. To open a Litecoin wallet and get to the point of using it takes only a couple of minutes. You then countered with "but muh from scratch comment" which I pointed out is you, doing what you do, adding on something that isn't necessary so you could prove your "like a day to sync" 'point.' A person doesn't need to do that to start using Litecoin, the vast majority don't. I point this out and then you flip out. Now let's repeat.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm

mudcore wrote:
This isn't true. To open a Litecoin wallet and get to the point of using it takes only a couple of minutes. You then countered with "but muh from scratch comment" which I pointed out is you, doing what you do, adding on something that isn't necessary so you could prove your "like a day to sync" 'point.' A person doesn't need to do that to start using Litecoin, the vast majority don't. I point this out and then you flip out. Now let's repeat.


The LTC blockchain is 13.5 GB

If you have never used LTC before, that definitionally means that you have zero bytes of its blockchain. Thus, even if you bootstrap it (i.e. not from scratch), that will not take a "couple of minutes" (especially since you additionally made the explicit claim that most of that time was UI interaction, not download) unless you have a > 1Gbps internet connection. Within the network, or outside of the network, those bytes are still bytes that you still need to download...

...Which will take over ten minutes with a 150 megabit connection at full utilization.

Instead of making the simple point that bootstrapping, i.e. downloading a pre-existing .dat file from someone else and trusting them and not the network, is much (MUCH) faster than doing it on the network, you decided to go even further and state something that is plainly false as a self-standing statement.

In other words, you are saying that I am wrong because there are potentially dangerous short-cuts one can utilize despite how I what I said was in reference to the safe method.

Whereas I am saying that what you said, by itself, is bluntly not true despite your invocation of "literal" in attempt to refute the truth of what I said.

---

And here we are, as you are so unable to admit you made a simple mistake that you devolved into stating that it's absurd for us you to even try and talk about this.

Like a child.

Tend to your own ego.

---

(I'd also mention that I've made all sorts of points about cryptocurrency, and you are desperately trying to die on the singular hill of this one. Why? Not because I was wrong about it[I have plenty of other points, and I'm actually willing to be wrong {someone recently called out my embarrassing mistake of excluding coinbase and kraken as American, which I immediately admitted without rancor}], but because you're embarrassed that YOU were.)
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:49 pm

You're describing if a person wants to run a full node. This isn't necessary and isn't what the great majority will do. Again, this is where you'll retreat to "but this is what's necessary to adhere to the fundamental principles of blah blah blah" even though that is all baggage you apply and not relevant to getting a person access to a LTC wallet and the ability to send/receive in the matter of moments using a variety of wallet software out there.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

mudcore wrote:
You're describing if a person wants to run a full node. This isn't necessary and isn't what the great majority will do. Again, this is where you'll retreat to "but this is what's necessary to adhere to the fundamental principles of blah blah blah" even though that is all baggage you apply and not relevant to getting a person access to a LTC wallet and the ability to send/receive in the matter of moments using a variety of wallet software out there.


Yes, *actual* crypto-currency isn't necessary and not what the great majority will ever use.

This is where I "retreat" into completely defeating your entire position.

---

Seriously, I don't know what to say to you. You seem to be broken in a way I cannot fix.

If I am trusting, say, electrum, to store the chain for me and so forth, why are we doing this? It's like strapping an internal combustion engine onto a mule.

It doesn't solve the problems of "Mule" and in fact just makes that poor mule suck even more.


EDIT:

LOLYES: the "baggage" of actually understanding what any of this was ever supposed to do, beside "I'M RICH BEEOOOOYYATCCHHHH".

You people are SHAMELESS. UTTERLY SHAMELESS. How do you live with yourselves?
 
Redocbew
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:04 pm

I'd actually kind of like to see a combustion engine on a mule. I have a feeling I wouldn't be seeing it for very long though.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Glorious wrote:
mudcore wrote:
You're describing if a person wants to run a full node. This isn't necessary and isn't what the great majority will do. Again, this is where you'll retreat to "but this is what's necessary to adhere to the fundamental principles of blah blah blah" even though that is all baggage you apply and not relevant to getting a person access to a LTC wallet and the ability to send/receive in the matter of moments using a variety of wallet software out there.


Yes, *actual* crypto-currency isn't necessary and not what the great majority will ever use.

This is where I "retreat" into completely defeating your entire position.

---

Seriously, I don't know what to say to you. You seem to be broken in a way I cannot fix.

If I am trusting, say, electrum, to store the chain for me and so forth, why are we doing this? It's like strapping an internal combustion engine onto a mule.

It doesn't solve the problems of "Mule" and in fact just makes that poor mule suck even more.


EDIT:

LOLYES: the "baggage" of actually understanding what any of this was ever supposed to do, beside "I'M RICH BEEOOOOYYATCCHHHH".

You people are SHAMELESS. UTTERLY SHAMELESS. How do you live with yourselves?


You took my loop comment... literally I see.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:21 pm

mudcore wrote:
You took my loop comment... literally I see.


Yes, the "loop" where you crypto-currency proponents keep insisting that the best (10) part of using crypto-currency is...

...not really using cryto-currency at all. GOTO (10)

I agree. We are back in that loop.

Like I said many posts previous: you are right. I am just too dumb to understand the inherent wisdom of such a position. I literally *cannot* understand what in the name of god you guys are going on about. I really can't, I just can't. It's beyond my ability, I can't even conceive of it.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Fine then. *shrug* Your lose.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 pm

mudcore wrote:
Fine then. *shrug* Your lose.


But what did I lose?

It can't be any applicable use, as I've already established with meerkt that such things just aren't relevant to anything I do.

Thus, by elimination, you must mean speculative value, right?

:sigh:

----

Dude, you are in a cult. I'm not your enemy. I'm just trying to help you.
 
Redocbew
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 pm

So then... question here. Why is it even possible not to run a full node? Is that just a concession made to help spread the adoption of the network?
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Redocbew wrote:
So then... question here. Why is it even possible not to run a full node? Is that just a concession made to help spread the adoption of the network?


LOLOLOLOLOL

Being sincere... its an evolving and changing ecosystem with many people having different visions of how it looks. So... it depends on which crypto you're talking about and what may be the goals there or more importantly what the user wants out of it (because as is so often, the users ideas/goals are different than the creators). But frankly I don't believe the idea, with Bitcoin at least, was ever to have every wallet out there be a full node with all the history. It simply isn't necessary for many of the more basic, day to day uses.
Last edited by mudcore on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Redocbew
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Good job at not being the jackass you were just called out to be... :roll:
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Redocbew wrote:
Good job at not being the jackass you were just called out to be... :roll:


Ah yes, I'm the one out here questioning people's existence and labelling (millions?) of people I've never met as shameful.

My "LOLOL" is because right away you poked a huge hole in the narrative Glorious presents. Why were these things that violate the very "bedrock" it was built on allowed... because this bedrock you're being told about by Glorious is just nonsense and there's no recourse for anyone to do but go on and on in circles.
Last edited by mudcore on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Redocbew wrote:
Why is it even possible not to run a full node?


It's essentially up to users whether or not they care about the whole "trustless" thing.

It turns out that a lot of people that are "bullish" on crypto-currency don't actually care one-bit about the whole "crypto-currency" thing.

mudcore wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOL


Yup, exactly.
 
mudcore
Gerbil
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

It was built into Bitcoin from the very beginning you turd. You know that the idea was never for every wallet to be a full node. You only present it as such so it fits your narrow arguments.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 pm

mudcore wrote:
Ah yes, I'm the one out here questioning people's existence and labelling (millions?) of people I've never met as shameful.


Well, what would *YOU* call someone who advocates "crypto-currency" while completely undermining the entire point of the whole thing and then LAUGHING at someone who earnestly inquires about the inconsistency?

Honorable. Decent. Admirable. <- Those aren't exactly the words that come to mind.
 
Redocbew
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Glorious wrote:
It's essentially up to users whether or not they care about the whole "trustless" thing.

It turns out that a lot of people that are "bullish" on crypto-currency don't actually care one-bit about the whole "crypto-currency" thing.


Ok, that's kind of what I thought. I sort of wish now they hadn't done that considering the state of things now, but I suppose it was inevitable that someone would throw that concession in there for everyone who just wants to play.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.
 
Glorious
Gold subscriber
Grand Admiral Gerbil
Posts: 10832
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:35 pm

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 pm

mudcore wrote:
It was built into Bitcoin from the very beginning you turd.


Oh, OF COURSE you were.

Enjoy the citadel bruv, I'll be outside gnashing my teeth in the fiat darkness.

mudcore wrote:
You know that the idea was never for every wallet to be a full node.


Absolutely and completely false.

mudcore wrote:
You only present it as such so it fits your narrow arguments.


The "narrow argument" that your particular advocacy of "trustless" currency requires just as much trust as any pre-existing (and superior) solution?

Get out bro, just get out. I promise you that you will thank me.

I hope to see you on the other side.
 
meerkt
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:55 am

Re: So who here is actually mining?

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Redocbew wrote:
Why is it even possible not to run a full node? Is that just a concession made to help spread the adoption of the network?
Some compromise in privacy and potentially security, for reduced requirements in storage, bandwidth, number-crunching. Useful for cellphone clients, though many people use it on desktop as well. Look up SPV wallets for Bitcoin.

JustAnEngineer wrote:
What planet are you from?
https://squareup.com/pricing
The one outside of the few countries supported by Square. :) Oh, I'm sure there are solutions. But that wasn't the point. Cash and credit cards just aren't always an ideal solution. Why does PayPal exist? And actually, Glorious brought it up in the context of sending payments rather than receiving. Also there credit cards have room for improvement, like foreign currency conversion fees.

Redocbew wrote:
all this talk about altcoins and how much you can do with them, moving the goal posts by talking about "mainstream crypto"(whatever that is), and generally trying to elevate it into something that it isn't yet, and may never be is a bit ridiculous.
Not elevating anything. Just saying I find the general idea useful, and apparently I'm not the only one. It would be better if one could stick with just Bitcoin and not have to use alts, but as long as that isn't the case, switching to common alts is not a big deal.

Glorious wrote:
I know that you are in a church where Satoshi is a saint, PoW our savior ...
What? I found a useful tool, I'm using it. If it lives up to its long-term promise, even better.

You should pay your taxes.
I do, thanks. The "privacy" mentioned above is not about taxes.

Look, dude, it's not even top 5. It's top ten (currently #8).
My benchmark for calling Litecoin a mainstream crypto is not what's in the top N of the day (if so, why not pick the 3-month old Cardano, or Tron that was there recently and almost still is). Litecoin would have a problem if it was so far behind that it didn't have market support or liquidity. I'd say there are 3 mainstream1 cryptos: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum (maybe largely due to being the infrastructure for all these ICOs).

1Mainstream in the cryptocurrency world.
Last edited by meerkt on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest