Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

wine fridge beeping

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:17 am

I guess this is hardware...

We have a 32-bottle wine fridge from Wine Enthusiast... after a brief power outage, it keeps beeping incessantly - really rapid beeps - and the temperature displays are just flashing "88" - my guess is that some circuit board didn't respond well to the outage.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be repaired - like, they ship me a new board and I put it in? The fridge is only about 2 years old - I think it's right outside of warranty - and I am just trying to figure out if it's worth looking into a repair. Fridge was a gift, and I don't think they're that expensive but I am hoping a part is cheaper...

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: wine fridge beeping

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am

Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in? Or maybe it is just waiting for you to reprogram the temperature set point(s)?

You could see if the manufacturer sells replacement parts, or maybe there are parts available on eBay.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Try contacting the mfr to see if a replacement board is available or necessary.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Jonesym33
Gerbil In Training

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:33 am

I had this issue after a power outage and it was the thermo plate. I unplugged the fridge, opened the back of the unit, unplugged the plate (big black wire on top of circuit board), plugged the fridge back in, and immediately the digital readouts and everything started working again, but of course it wouldn't cool. I left it running 5 minutes, then without unplugging the unit itself I CAREFULLY reattached the wiring for the plate. It started working again and would still work if I unplugged the fridge and plugged it in again.