Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

spike1947
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Toshiba Satellite P200 LCD Problem

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 and there is a problem with the Display , it works and it does not work .

I have done some checks ,the backlight is on , and it works ok with a second monitor .

The question I really want to ask is , where is the switch or contact on the Lid or body of the Laptop that shuts down the screen when I close the Lid , I have the Laptop stripped down and I can not see anywhere , where there is some sort of contact mechanical or magnetic between the Lid and Palm rest .

I thought that there me have been something where the Lid Latches close but can not see anything around there .
I know there must be something that puts the laptop into Hibernate when I close the Lid , but what and where is the sensor or whatever located .

cheers

spike

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Toshiba Satellite P200 LCD Problem

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 am

If you can't see any physical contacts (they're pretty old tech) it's because there are magnets and sensors in either one or both sides of the LCD bezel.
It may be as simple as a small piece of steel that looks like part of the LCD frame, certainly in the few screens I've dismanted/repaired it was fairly subtle.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.