Here are more cons of this display you dont read in reviews, but can see from user feedback. and I can confirm them all.
(I have the latest REV03, so all the crap from REV01 and REV02 have been fixed)
- Heavy like leakage in the bottom corners
- its like having a haze, an opaque layer at the corner. If you move your head the haze become more or less strong.
If you look at the corner dead on, the hazer goes away. But even a 10 degree angle its back and visible. (dark images/UI)
- Color shift from slight viewing angle changes
- looking at a white pure screen, part look shifted to a very slightly blue, other very slightly red.. move head and the color effect will change.
only when looking at the screen dead on do you get perfect colors... note, HW color calibration show this problem because it always get to see the display dead on with 0% viewing angle
So all the review talking about color uniformity using HW calibration software miss the mark. This screen does have hue shift from viewing angle.
Note: its minimal, and only noticeable with low saturated, low contrast images.
- Massive ghosting, massive as in you move a window with contrasted content the color shift completely on the edges of objects. But also elements like white text on dark gray, the text will become blue.
- Exaggerated lag. its about 1 to 2 frame behind my 2007 dell IPS display... moving a window across both monitor is a weird experience. The U3014 show everything delayed.http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1754377http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... 13942.aspxhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/psnmgxmdq43x ... d-Over.png
So buyer beware... the U3014 got a few things going for it, but its mainly all downsides in day to day use. This product is not suitable for graphic professional or gamers.
Positive : static , wide gamut image viewing. ... but you will need to perform your own HW calibration, as the white point of all the non editable profile are literally blue.
! and yet another one ! I just go back to my gray UI.. what do I see a ghost image of the TR web page ! Even after 5 minutes I still see the Chrome outline in my text editor.
Total piece of chocolate soft serve... How can Dell sell this for $1499 ?!
More data so other dont fall in the same trap
Dell only guaranty uniforminyt over the center 2", if this is not good enought dell recommand that you return the monitor for a refund. (Thats a rev03)http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... 30635.aspx
Many people have been waiting for the REV03, since rev02 and 01 had serious panel defectshttp://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... 23740.aspx
"I ordered this monitor on 10/22 from Amazon.
i am having issues others are also having. whenever I turn on the monitor, black horizontal lines flicker on the screen for ten minutes. It is also sometime difficult to wake up the monitor from sleep or to turn it off.
I was told this was due to a manufacturer defect effecting all A01s."
The more I look, the more horror I find