Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

dan99t
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

ATI FirePro Multimonitor Graphics Card Question

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 am

Hi,

I am using 3 ATI FirePro 2460 GDDR3 512 MB Video cards each with 4 outputs.
One of them crashed. It had GDDR3 & so do other two.
New FirePro 2460 are GDDR5 512 MB.

Will GDDR5 be compatible with the old ones which are GDDR3 ? Rest of the specs are same.

Thank You

SkyWarrior
Gerbil

Re: ATI FirePro Multimonitor Graphics Card Question

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 am

Shouldn't be a problem unless there is some kind of frame locking magic requiring exactly the same specs for all cards.
Rare is common where I work...

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: ATI FirePro Multimonitor Graphics Card Question

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 am

I don't know about that exact model of FirePro but I've mixed-and-matched different models before and the eyefinity drivers just sort it out beautifully.

I was using a couple of W600 cards (think it was a FirePro version of the HD7750 with 6 outputs) for a 10x1 eyefinity setup in a building reception. When one of the cards died, I rushed down there with a completely different 4-output card to get them up and running temporarily (can't remember the model) and it worked flawlessly. AFAIK, the temporary card is still in there and I assume the replacement W600 is sitting in one of my cupboards at work now...
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.