Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

techguy
Gerbil XP

Re: RTX 2080 / Ti similar to iPhone X launch?

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm

I'm leaning towards waiting, but I do need to at least test the card during the return period in case it's defective. The other drawback to waiting is that I'm pretty set on going with an EVGA board this time around, specifically the Z390 Dark. Unfortunately, this board won't be available until next month and with early availability issues (potentially) for both the board and the CPU I could be waiting even longer. If that looks like it's going to happen I think I'll just throw the block on the card and put it in the system, no sense sitting on a $1200 video card for 2 months.

Convert
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:21 pm

The EVGA 2080Ti I had on pre-order from B&H was supposed to ship today, when I checked on it they removed the ETA and support says they've received 0 cards and have no word when they will. :cry:

Very early user reviews on other sites for the EVGA cards though do complain about loud fan noise and I'm a little worried about that. My 1080Ti shut the fans down during idle and it was really quiet in use. Now I'm wondering if I should wait a bit and let the other vendors come out with their designs.
Tachyonic Karma: Future decisions traveling backwards in time to smite you now.

techguy
Gerbil XP

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 pm

That's too bad, hope you get your card soon. Still need to install mine. Decided not to worry about retail return option (RMA is always a possibility if necessary) and will go ahead and slap the waterblock on and just install the card in my loop.