Personal computing discussed

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

My monitor issue acceptable?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 am

Hi! guys

Is this blacklight bleed acceptable for this monitor Msi MAG27CQ curved ?

Brighteness %42

https://postimg.cc/qh7qrF6L

Thank you!
 
Kretschmer
Silver subscriber
Gerbil XP
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:26 am

Robotics wrote:
Hi! guys

Is this blacklight bleed acceptable for this monitor Msi MAG27CQ curved ?

Brighteness %42

https://postimg.cc/qh7qrF6L

Thank you!

What is your brightness setting there? It looks way better than most IPS gaming screens.
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 am

Kretschmer wrote:
Robotics wrote:
Hi! guys

Is this blacklight bleed acceptable for this monitor Msi MAG27CQ curved ?

Brighteness %42

https://postimg.cc/qh7qrF6L

Thank you!

What is your brightness setting there? It looks way better than most IPS gaming screens.


this photo take %42 brighteness
 
DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:20 pm

I dunno, for a 250cd/m, TN panel it doesn't look great to me? It's hard to tell though. If you're happy with it that's all that should matter?
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Thank you for your thoughts guys. :wink:
 
DPete27
Silver subscriber
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Posts: 3630
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:43 am

Looks normal to me.
Main: i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M, MSI RX480 8G, 500GB Crucial BX100, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 16GB 1600MHz G.Skill @1.25V, EVGA 550-G2, Silverstone PS07B
HTPC: A8-5600K, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53, 4TB Seagate SSHD, 8GB 1866MHz G.Skill, Crosley D-25 Case Mod
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am

I get it 400$ on BF but now 800$.
Normal or not? This picture taken on %42 brighteness. And I couldnt refresh settings because it is in box returned store now. If it is normal I can bring back from store. Sorry I havent experienced blacklight bleed or IPS glow before my first VA panel.
Last edited by Robotics on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
wizardz
Gerbil
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am

do you intend to look at a black background in a pitch black room all the time?

i seriously do not understand what the fuss is all about IPS glow and/or backlight bleed. Sure some monitors are stupid bad but why people always go looking for this is beyond me.

http://puu.sh/lDz83/b31a64b5e3.png (link shamelessly stolen from the interwebz)



EDIT: major typos
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:37 am

wizardz wrote:
do you intend to look at a black background in a pitch black room all the time?

I work after midnight

wizardz wrote:
i seriously do not understand what the fuss is all about IPS glow and/or backlight bleed.

me too. I say again I haven't experienced before.

wizardz wrote:
http://puu.sh/lDz83/b31a64b5e3.png (link shamelessly stolen from the interwebz)

:D Nice image i love it!.
 
wizardz
Gerbil
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am

seeing in the other thread you returned your monitor as you didnt like it.
hopefully you will find something that suits your need.

i mainly use Lenovo's E24-10 monitors but they are used in an office environment so i cant comment on their glow/bleed.

at home i have a curved ips ultrawide that does show a bit of glow and bleed but i have to crank the brightness all the way up, use a black background and turn off the lights. something i *never* do.

good luck in your search
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am

wizardz wrote:
seeing in the other thread you returned your monitor as you didnt like it.
hopefully you will find something that suits your need.

i mainly use Lenovo's E24-10 monitors but they are used in an office environment so i cant comment on their glow/bleed.

at home i have a curved ips ultrawide that does show a bit of glow and bleed but i have to crank the brightness all the way up, use a black background and turn off the lights. something i *never* do.

good luck in your search



Yeah, plus it is curved so these problems exactly happen in the wide area.
 
Robotics
Gerbil
Topic Author
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Chapel Hill/Istanbul
Contact:

Re: My monitor issue acceptable?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks guys I refreshed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Redocbew and 3 guests