Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

diasflacog
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

The Fermi cards are pure fail :(

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Look at this...

http://techreport.com/articles.x/18682/14

Read the first paragraph that's all you need to read really.

What a disapointment. I was hoping that these new cards would be a lot better than this then maybe ATI would lower their prices so then I could pick up a 5850.

But it seems like they wont really need to do that right now seeing as their cards are already cheaper and the Fermi cards aren't that much faster at all...

Who needs a 480 when a 5850 can pretty much run ANY game at max settings at the common 22inch or 24 inch monitor? Why pay more when the cheaper card can do it all as well?

Fermi=Pure fail LMAO

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil

Re: The Fermi cards are pure fail :(

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

we really dont need any more of these threads. do we? really?

besides, just because a product or idea completely sucks, doesnt mean idiots wont buy it. look at the healthcare bill. zing.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

Fastfreak39
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't know about pure fail. They are more or less on par with ATI from a performance perspective. From what I've read it seems they will stay relevant well into the future compared to traditional video cards lifespans, if someone were to spend the extra money for one that is. Personally I wouldn't buy one but it's still a debatable purchase. It could have been a lot worse.

diasflacog
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

They are pure fail for all the reasons in that paragraph did you NOT READ? o.o

Sure they are tied with the ATI cards for the most part but it took them 6 months to tie it up! LMAO

Pretty much NO GAMES use DX11 and with consoles being the lead dev platforms I really don't see these new Fermi cards getting any ground anytime soon. Just like the TR article says "they are too late" ATI has been here for 6 months already dominating like nothing.

Now days heat and noise levels count ALOT unlike before were performance was ALL.

Seriously read again. They are pure fail to REAL gamers.

The ATI cards are STILL cheaper.

What a shame and a HUGE let down. I wanted these Fermi cards to own so that it could benefit us CONSUMERS (being like 20% faster than the ATI cards so that ATI could slash prices) but from the looks of it ATI don't need to worry AT ALL.

PURE EPIC FAIL LMAO

TheEmrys
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Sony a7II 55/1.8 Minolta 100/2, 17-35D, Tamron 28-75/2.8

diasflacog
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Not really all those other threads are just pure rumors.

I was waiting for a true real TR review of the cards that's why I never post anything in those other threads. I wanted a REAL review of them. And now that I got my real review I can see that the rumor threads weren't really off much :(

morphine
TR Staff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm sorry, but there have already been enough Fermi threads.

I'd like to redirect whoever's reading this closed thread to the main Fermi thread: click here.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(