Personal computing discussed

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

 
DeadOfKnight
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Elite
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Prestige Worldwide wrote:
End User wrote:
Ja ja, I'm familiar with it. I just don't see it as a "problem" in real world usage for me. It's definitely not worth me dumbing down to a 1080p display (the horror). If this were a "problem" I'd just go out and buy a 120Hz display.


It's not a problem.... until you actually upgrade to 120+hz. Then nothing less will do.

I RMA'd my first 120hz monitor due to some stuck pixels, gaming on my secondary 60hz monitor while I waited for the replacement to arrive felt awful in comparison. Hell, even just moving a cursor around on the Windows desktop or attempting to read text whilst scrolling just wouldn't do. It's not something you know you're missing until you've become used to it.

120hz is the best upgrade I've ever made and I would recommend it (or 144hz) to anybody who would like to have the most fluid gaming experience as possible. It's not the right choice for the IPS colour accuracy junkies, but if you're a serious FPS player, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

COD4 promod @ 250fps / 120hz is godly, playing Quake Live @ 120hz is a throwback to the glory of the CRT days. 60hz is like slow motion once you've been to the Light (boost) side.

I'll stick it out until we've got 120Hz 4MP displays.
Intel Core i7-5775c, Asus Maximus VII Formula, Win 10 Pro
EVGA GTX 1080, Corsair 2x8GB DDR3-1866, Corsair AX860
Corsair H105, WD Red 4TB x2, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, ASUS ROG PG348Q, Corsair 450D
 
morphine
Gold subscriber
Gerbilus Supremus
Posts: 11282
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Portugal (that's next to Spain)

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 pm

DeadOfKnight wrote:
I'll stick it out until we've got 120Hz 4MP displays.

Ahem sir... I believe this is what you're looking for?.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(
 
Star Brood
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:57 am

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm

morphine wrote:
DeadOfKnight wrote:
I'll stick it out until we've got 120Hz 4MP displays.

Ahem sir... I believe this is what you're looking for?.


Actually looks like a perfect monitor from an honest vendor. I like that.
 
morphine
Gold subscriber
Gerbilus Supremus
Posts: 11282
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Portugal (that's next to Spain)

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Star Brood wrote:
morphine wrote:
DeadOfKnight wrote:
I'll stick it out until we've got 120Hz 4MP displays.

Ahem sir... I believe this is what you're looking for?.


Actually looks like a perfect monitor from an honest vendor. I like that.

That vendor also has "perfect pixel" variants for a little extra.

PS - never bought one, so I'm just looking at it from the outside.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(
 
indeego
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:42 am

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:26 pm

My $.02.

I bought a 120Hz monitor and was not very impressed. A little, not as much as I expected to be, but to be honest it would be nicer just to have a better resolution to see more data.

Seeing the mouse pointer/text scroll, seeing text/graphics move at slightly better fluidity, just didn't wow me like I had been led to believe it would.

That's it. Glad I could speak on this subject. :)
 
credible
Gerbil XP
Topic Author
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: 120Hz or 2560 x 1440

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:13 pm

indeego wrote:
My $.02.

I bought a 120Hz monitor and was not very impressed. A little, not as much as I expected to be, but to be honest it would be nicer just to have a better resolution to see more data.

Seeing the mouse pointer/text scroll, seeing text/graphics move at slightly better fluidity, just didn't wow me like I had been led to believe it would.

That's it. Glad I could speak on this subject. :)



I really appreciate your comments as well, it kind of sums up the "feeling" that I thought I would have had and hence why I came here to ask the question.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests