Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp

Bonusbartus
Gerbil
Topic Author

Exchange, vodafone MDM, calender question

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:46 am

I don't know if anyone here has some nice ideas about this, but I am looking for a solution to a problem with my work account.
Currently I use the "Nine" app to synchronize al the work emails and calender items to my android phone. Nine has the ability to enforce the Exchange security policy on an App level instead of on a device level, so no workarounds needed with device pins and stuff.
Nine even encrypts the stuff for you, and all this has been working perfectly for the past 2 years.
Now however my company is stopping the support for the normal exchange server.
On android you have to download this "Vodafone MDM"/"mobile@work"/"mobileiron mdm" app to be able to get all the exchange data, and this MDM app takes care of all security and policy stuff. However it does it on a device level, which I don't like, and it makes your phone slow as hell.
On windows Phone, you can just use the "Working spot" setting and it works (still enforces policy on a device level).

Anyone know of a possibility to get my calender data automatically on my android phone? (the mail I can do without if needed)
Any tools/apps/workarounds? any way of automatically forwarding the calender app to another account?

any ideas are welcome on this ;)
thanks