Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp

klrcommute
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Multisession disc ISO help...

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Trying to create a single image of what appears to be a multisession data cd. (It's actually a burned disc of an MRI scan that I'm trying to back up.)

Brasero chokes on it and creates some kind of incomplete ISO and K3B successfully copies it but in doing so splits it into half a dozen separate isos, which I guess would be fine if I were to burn each of those sessions...but I'm trying to make a single ISO that I can virtually mount.

Is this possible somehow? Couldn't I just clone the whole disc somehow to accomplish what I'm trying to do, even if it's not as efficient space-wise?

Thanks

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Multisession disc ISO help...

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Can't you just copy all the files off of it to a temporary folder, then create a new burn from that?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Ah, I've forgotten most of my optical disc-fu. I assume this is a -R or +R disc? Perhaps the last session wasn't closed and that's causing the imaging utils to barf? Have you tried looking at it with a CD writing program to see?

klrcommute
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I just tried that. If I just copy everything in the directory and paste it into a folder the viewer application starts up fine, but can't locate any of the actually images.

I can't really tell how much is just bizarre proprietary formatting or if there's some kind of copy protection I'm running into...doesn't really make sense as far as being able to copy their application executable but not my own medical images haha? I haven't a clue, right now I'm just tinkering around with trying to make an iso of the whole disc with dd, but not quite sure if possible/how to do that with the multisession business.

Wirko
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

It appears that IsoBuster (https://www.isobuster.com/multisessions.php) can list and open individual sessions on a CD/DVD. Maybe the trial version can do it too, or some other free application, of course.

meerkt
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Never mind starting up from a copied folder (it may be looking for a root directory, or an optical drive?).
Build an ISO from files, not as a sector copy of a CD.

Don't know on Linux, but on Windows CDBurnerXP should do. Drag files and directories in, then File \ Save compilation as ISO file.