Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp

bigjohn888jb
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Endpoint Protection

Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 pm

I've been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for small business for years. Now that Broadcom has purchased them, they are even harder to deal with. I'm looking for input on a new solution.

Has anyone used Sophos Endpoint protection? I need protecton for 35 computers that is good protection that does not interfer with functionality.

Any other solutions that your thrilled with?

thanks,

Aranarth
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Endpoint Protection

Fri May 29, 2020 7:15 pm

me.. we use Sophos at work.

Microsoft's own solution that comes with M365 is actually pretty good!

Beyond that I dropped Norton and Symantec 2 decades ago...
Main machine: Core I7 -2600K @ 4.0Ghz / 16 gig ram / Radeon RX 580 8gb / 500gb toshiba ssd / 5tb hd
Old machine: Core 2 quad Q6600 @ 3ghz / 8 gig ram / Radeon 7870 / 240 gb PNY ssd / 1tb HD

DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Re: Endpoint Protection

Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 pm

bigjohn888jb wrote:
I've been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for small business for years. Now that Broadcom has purchased them, they are even harder to deal with. I'm looking for input on a new solution.

Has anyone used Sophos Endpoint protection? I need protecton for 35 computers that is good protection that does not interfer with functionality.

Any other solutions that your thrilled with?

thanks,

I ran Sophos (and UTM) for years. I was fairly happy with them, but the most recent buyout caused a shift in company policy I didn't care for. I went back to stock MS A/v and MBAM.

If I had to deploy? I'd probably go with MBAM.