Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp

fred02387
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Video system or software recommendations?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:12 am

Heyy I have question for my fellow video system experts. I work for an optical retail company's security team and recently we've been trying to do internal loss prevention. This has been quite difficult for us because we have more than 300 stores. I remember us spending 3 months just trying to find evidence of an employee stealing in 2018! I've proposed to my manager that we should consider using video analytics software and after browsing through security magazines and vendor lists from international security exhibitions, I'm thinking of contacting some of the software manufacturers. But I still wanted to ask about the limitation of video analytics here first so that I have a better idea of what I'm looking for. I watched different demo videos that display each of their functions, and now I'm considering using BriefCam, but I also want to know if there're any trustworthy VMS companies that you have heard of or perhaps worked with. Are we able to analyze a particular person by his/her clothing and detect this person within a few seconds? Also, what is the usual price for a single channel? Any help or thoughts are welcomed!

gaasonlj
Gerbil In Training

Re: Video system or software recommendations?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Not a video system expert but seeing that you work at a retail company and also the "analyze a particular person by his/her clothing and detect this person" part made me think of this article I saw yesterday. I'm not sure if security systems also work like this but I think you still check it out. I feel like the principles are similar?
Oops realized that I can't post links but you can search skyrec on medium and there's an article about IKEA.