Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp

bigjohn888jb
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

mt9 video/audio format

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:04 am

Does anyone know if there is a player that will run a mt9 file? The disk I have been asked to run appears to have come from a cam mounted on a police car. It came with a vidplayer.exe, which loads, but when I attempt to play the mt9 file, I get nothing. I found media player classic and vlc will play the video avi on the disk but no audio. There are also mpa files on the disk. When I search for mt9 I find reference to it being "music 2.0" and that it gives the ability to control turning off and on the various instruments. But that's about it. Any ideas?

bigjohn888jb
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Re: mt9 video/audio format

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 am

Well after trying everything that I could think of, I recommended to the client to go back to the source and ask them what it was recorded with and how did they view it. Found out that there was no audio and the video was all that was available. So the moral of the story: don't take what clients say at face value. Ask more questions and verify what they tell you.

keltor
Gerbil First Class

Re: mt9 video/audio format

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:28 am

Audizen that created that is dead, I don't think it reached enough mass appeal for anyone OSS to care. The format is basically really really dumb and I doubt any serious producer would let their music be converted to it.